FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wisdom Teeth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is just sorta a rant. I hate them. Had mine removed on Friday all 4 of them oral surgeory. First off 830$ to get em all removed damn that sucks. 2ndly it hurts. The gauze sucks, so much blood, can't really eat anything. Morphine and vallum are great when they pull the teeth but afterwards just perscription IBuprofen. Still have pain today, and it still sucks. Never again, even tho I don't have any more wisdom teeth I still say never again.
I hear it is awful and I wish to never get them pulled.
well I had mine out a while back, and i hated it aswell. MY mouth swelled up, I had a bruise all around my lower jaw. In the end it was cool, I was off work for a bit, and the doc gave me a perscription for percacepts. I think thats what they were called. Yup made the room spin, and multi coloured walls, I wish I had more....ahhhhh
If you search hard enough..you will find my thread from 2 years ago when I got mine yanked!!

enjoy!
I had mine out a few years back and I was fine. Took a couple of T3's right after they took them out and i was fine. No swelling, no bruising, nothing. I felt so good in fact that i played baseball games the next 2 days.
i was eating from a straw for an entire week when i got mine pulled out.. enjoy.
Phantom,Mar 28 2006, 07:11 PM Wrote:This is just sorta a rant. I hate them. Had mine removed on Friday all 4 of them oral surgeory. First off 830$ to get em all removed damn that sucks. 2ndly it hurts. The gauze sucks, so much blood, can't really eat anything. Morphine and vallum are great when they pull the teeth but afterwards just perscription IBuprofen.  Still have pain today, and it still sucks. Never again, even tho I don't have any more wisdom teeth I still say never again.
[right][snapback]177675[/snapback][/right]

Well, had mine done back in '93 (Did it in the hospital, no way was I gonna be awake for that) Had a few adventures afterwards (Including the bed I was sleeping on after the surgery falling apart on me <_< ) and the swelling was delayed by a few days so I went back to my volunteer job and swelled up like a balloon for a week :rolleyes:

Oh and I developed a loathing for oatmeal that continues to this day (two and a half weeks of it as my main food source)

NefCanuck
Phantom,Mar 28 2006, 08:11 PM Wrote:Never again, even tho I don't have any more wisdom teeth I still say never again.
[right][snapback]177675[/snapback][/right]

That's a classic line ... and yeah, stick to your guns man! Never again!

Seriously ... the only thing worse than having your wisdom teeth removed is a lifetime of problems with your whole frickin' mouth because you didn't have them removed.

Have 'em taken out now before they cause problems, or have them taken out later ... either way they're coming out.
Sawed off shotgun - $200.00
12 ga shell - $0.50
Never having to worry about life's litte annoyances ever again - Priceless.

There are some things money can't buy.
For everything else, there's suicide.
I still have them! And hoping they don't go anywhere!
Had mine out about 5 years ago, it wasn't nearly as bad as everyone warned me it was going to be. They gave me the choice of staying awake or going under. Cost me an extra $100 to go under, but man I'm sure it was worth it. They gave me a bunch of white chips back when I woke up. The teeth were so in there, the guy had to chip them apart, couldn't yank em out whole. :ph34r: Had some pain that evening, but the next I was good to go (even though they gave me 4 days off work paid as short term disability).
Had mine out a couple of years ago and the holes did not heal very quickly. Crazy on again, off again fever for a couple of days. Then they had to repack the holes with some tarry looking ointment. Hurt like hell.
I had mine out in high school. My dentist did the left side 1 week and the rights the next. Absolutly no swelling no pain and no discomfort. I was good.

4 years later I got in an altercation at the House of Lancaster. Had my jaw broken in 2 places. It was wired shut for 8 weeks. I now have 5 titanium plates in my mouth. That wasn't fun at all. Pain sucks. I live in pain, every day I have pain. I have 2 crushed bones in my lower back. I wish I could live without pain again. But hey thats life right.

You will be fine. Usually there is a nerve that gets exposed when you have your wisdom teeth pulled. You should be fine in a few days once your hole start filling. Best of luck. You should have asked for PERKS from your dentist. You would be having a blast right now. LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
Focus man, Focus.,Mar 28 2006, 09:43 PM Wrote:I had mine out in high school.  My dentist did the left side 1 week and the rights the next.  Absolutly no swelling no pain and no discomfort.  I was good. 

4 years later I got in an altercation at the House of Lancaster.  Had my jaw broken in 2 places.  It was wired shut for 8 weeks.  I now have 5 titanium plates in my mouth.  That wasn't fun at all.  Pain sucks.  I live in pain, every day I have pain.  I have 2 crushed bones in my lower back.  I wish I could live without pain again.  But hey thats life right.

You will be fine.  Usually there is a nerve that gets exposed when you have your wisdom teeth pulled.  You should be fine in a few days once your hole start filling.  Best of luck.  You should have asked for PERKS from your dentist.  You would be having a blast right now.  LOL  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
[right][snapback]177735[/snapback][/right]
I don't remember even seeing the oral surgeon afterwards. I forgot to ask for the teeth but so out of it from the morphine and vallum. Only thing I got was ibuprofen 600mg caps and amoxicillin incase of infection which I'm supposed to take anyways to prevent. Ohh well.
Dont let the wholes get infected. Otherwise suck it up. =P
tdot-zx3,Mar 29 2006, 12: Wrote:Dont let the wholes get infected. Otherwise suck it up. =P
[right][snapback]177749[/snapback][/right]
I'd nitpick your spelling grammar but that's not worth it. Rather go for asking, how one prevents infection besides what I'm already doing of taking amoxicillin.
Rinse with salt water and you will be fine.
hmmmmm... .dry socket......
My wife had hers out a few weeks back. Just keep them clear of ANYTHING in the first two weeks. They should have supplied you with a super high-pressure syringe to use once the clots in the gaps solidify enough to withstand the rinsing.

Most of hers were clear out though, and only one needed some surgery (half-through) to remove. I guess she was lucky.

We kept a simple mirror and a LED flashlight at the side of the bed or couch so she could inspect things every little while to make sure a suture hadn't let go prematurely.

Did you get the dissolving sutures?

02ztsian

I was born with no wisdom teeth. Insert lack of wisdom joke
here.>
Pages: 1 2