FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: A Sign Of Spring....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Passed a street sweeper today.

Always a ood sign...even if we are still 3 months away from summer wheels. Maybe longe judging by the number of potholes out there.
I ditched the snow tires yesterday and put the "no seasons" on both cars. I'lll do the summer only tires for both once the pot holes get filled, probably May 24 weekend.
I found that was even too early last year.

It's one of those things where I think you just need to "go for it"
How do the potholes feel on your lowered setup?
Oscar The Grouch,Mar 27 2006, 10:29 AM Wrote:How do the potholes feel on your lowered setup?
[right][snapback]177193[/snapback][/right]

Just fine, it's the SVT set up so the drop is minor and components good.
I haven't noticed the potholes to be too bad this year...at least on the east side of town, and not going downtown.
hmmm... summer wheels = one big last snow fall. At least that happens to me when I do it...
ANTHONYD,Mar 27 2006, 02:10 PM Wrote:Passed a street sweeper today.

Always a ood sign...even if we are still 3 months away from summer wheels. Maybe longe judging by the number of potholes out there.
[right][snapback]177172[/snapback][/right]

Another sign of spring is the smell and sight of dog *hit all over the place !! A neighbour of mine just lets his dog out to dump to wherever. I "collected" a bag and dropped it off on his doorstep. But ......... I forgot to light it on fire B)
The potholes are fine (if you spot them) It;s the ones you don't see that cause the damage.
ANTHONYD,Mar 27 2006, 03:50 PM Wrote:The potholes are fine (if you spot them) It;s the ones you don't see that cause the damage.
[right][snapback]177267[/snapback][/right]
No way :o Really? :P :lol:
2001 ZTS,Mar 27 2006, 09:35 AM Wrote:I ditched the snow tires yesterday and put the "no seasons" on both cars. I'lll do the summer only tires for both once the pot holes get filled, probably May 24 weekend.
[right][snapback]177178[/snapback][/right]

when you say summer tires for both, you mean the 2nd car is the blue zx5 with ricer tail? right? right??

:P :P
darkpuppet,Mar 27 2006, 03:28 PM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Mar 27 2006, 09:35 AM Wrote:I ditched the snow tires yesterday and put the "no seasons" on both cars. I'lll do the summer only tires for both once the pot holes get filled, probably May 24 weekend.

when you say summer tires for both, you mean the 2nd car is the blue zx5 with ricer tail? right? right??

[right][snapback]177286[/snapback][/right]

I wish I could say yes, the latest thing is she "wants" the Subaru now :rolleyes: .

I mean she has NEVER driven it and does NOT know how to work a standard tranny so I'm still stuck in this retarded game for god knows how long. Imagine a newb with 227HP guided missile of a car trying to "learn" while coming up Don Mills south from the DVP?

SHE NEVER KNEW WHAT TO DO WITH A "STICK" ANYWAY!

ba-dum boom tssshh :lol:
2001 ZTS,Mar 27 2006, 05:17 PM Wrote:I wish I could say yes, the latest thing is she "wants" the Subaru now :rolleyes: .
[right][snapback]177301[/snapback][/right]

Boo to that!! :angry:
Good news - I can see most of my driveway.

Bad news - I still can't see ALL of my driveway, or my lawn, or get to my shed still for the mountain bikes. :angry:

Almost time to get the S2 susp. installed then.
2001 ZTS,Mar 27 2006, 04:17 PM Wrote:I wish I could say yes, the latest thing is she "wants" the Subaru now :rolleyes: .

I mean she has NEVER driven it and does NOT know how to work a standard tranny so I'm still stuck in this retarded game for god knows how long. Imagine a newb with 227HP guided missile of a car trying to "learn" while coming up Don Mills south from the DVP?

ba-dum boom tssshh  :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

friggin women.. always keeping me down.

maybe it's her new boyfriend that wants the subie. Give her a couple of weeks while she rotates stock.
Either way, if she takes the suby I don't see Rico Suave Andrew keeping the Focus, so it's still a win win for you puppet and you get Andrew's cheap rims.

Cheap, right?
Just say if you can't drive it, no one can. Pour sugar in the gas tank.
meford4u,Mar 27 2006, 04:28 PM Wrote:Either way, if she takes the suby I don't see Rico Suave Andrew keeping the Focus, so it's still a win win for you puppet and you get Andrew's cheap rims.

Cheap, right?
[right][snapback]177305[/snapback][/right]

or get some chromed stealies to trade with.

Andrew is far to practical to just dump the focus. It could very well be a battle between practicality and mid life crisis.
2001 ZTS,Mar 27 2006, 04:17 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Mar 27 2006, 03:28 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]177286[/snapback][/right]

I wish I could say yes, the latest thing is she "wants" the Subaru now :rolleyes: .

ba-dum boom tssshh :lol:

:lol: Its awesome that you have a sense of humor about it Andrew...

Best of Luck :beerchug:
Oscar The Grouch,Mar 27 2006, 05:31 PM Wrote:Just say if you can't drive it, no one can.  Pour sugar in the gas tank.
[right][snapback]177306[/snapback][/right]
I've heard that iodine is more effective and lot less likely to be detected. That's what I've been told.