FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Volt; Projected To Be 100km+/litre
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ah but knowing Government Motors like we all do, the damn car will probably electricute it's drivers when it's taken out in the rain :ph34r: :lol:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Aug 11 2009, 09:50 AM Wrote:Ah but knowing Government Motors like we all do, the damn car will probably electricute it's drivers when it's taken out in the rain :ph34r: :lol:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]292482[/snapback][/right]

or come with jumper cables built in.
But will it be any fun to drive?
Watch top gear when they tested it in europe the GM car that can change the body from sedan to coupe to truck to van to ... you get it
James May drive it and he had fun. Looked cool but would crap out in a year probably. You own a GM, you need a GM. Good Mechanic lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No comment on the amount of pushing required by the driver and passengers to reach that fuel economy number, hey?

It's plausible if you never let the damn gas engine start! :lol:
It works out to 230mpg
considering that GM is taking into account more than 1 complete battery replacement during the warranty period of the car, I can see the joys long-term owners are going to have.

"For trips less than about 40 miles (64 km) per recharge cycle, the Volt will not use any on-board gasoline."
How long does it take it to re-charge while driving?

The thing I don't understand is are you not just increasing your energy bill by plugging in your car at night?

So spending the money you saved on gas at the end of the month on electricity bills?
darkpuppet,Aug 11 2009, 02:45 PM Wrote:considering that GM is taking into account more than 1 complete battery replacement during the warranty period of the car, I can see the joys long-term owners are going to have.
[right][snapback]292506[/snapback][/right]

and that right there is why the Volt will fail to light a spark when it's released...

A complete battery replacement even before the warranty is up? No one sane is going to touch that car with a ten foot extension cord :P

NefCAnuck
castone,Aug 11 2009, 03:51 PM Wrote:"For trips less than about 40 miles (64 km) per recharge cycle, the Volt will not use any on-board gasoline."
How long does it take it to re-charge while driving?

The thing I don't understand is are you not just increasing your energy bill by plugging in your car at night?

So spending the money you saved on gas at the end of the month on electricity bills?
[right][snapback]292515[/snapback][/right]

Not really I heard on the radio this morning that a full 8 hour charge will only cost you 40 Cents US