FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Adding High Flow Cat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i know the high flow cat has to go just after the flex but how big should i go. i can get various sizes through work. 12" overall lenght seems to be the favoured size but would a 18" overall have better emission or will it not work as good because it wont get as hot. also will the larger cat kill most if not all of the shiity ass raspy sound a MBRP makes without a cat. im running a OBX race header and soon to be either ZX3 or SVT MBRP. thanks.
I've got an MBRP w/ highflow cat in it that i'll be selling in a few weeks....you wouldn't need to mess around welding, etc.
send me pics and and such. which gen is the MBRP, im guessing gen 1. Chromey was telling me that i should just buy yours. lemme know what u come up wit. i DO still have a VIS invader hood that i MAY be able to work into a deal.
Its still on the car right now, I only have pics on how the catalytic was put in. Yes it is a MBRP Gen 1 exhaust.

I'll probably have pics in the next week or so once I switch over to the other exhaust.

When I was getting my MBRP installed, Ed told me that a highflow cat will make almost NO difference over stock. He said that the OEM Ford one is well designed and flows very well. Only advantage to aftermarket is getting one that's SS and will last the life of the car. There is no audible difference between a gen 1 and gen 2, just the end peice and tips are different.

Ed also said that the biggest gains from their exhaust will come with a performance cylinder head or FI...
hardk0re,Mar 26 2006, 09:59 PM Wrote:Its still on the car right now, I only have pics on how the catalytic was put in.  Yes it is a MBRP Gen 1 exhaust.

I'll probably have pics in the next week or so once I switch over to the other exhaust.
[right][snapback]177108[/snapback][/right]

What will your other exhaust be?
I think he's getting a brullen exhaust if i remember correctly.
Any one have a link to mbrp's site?
i DO have a OBX race header so stock cat is gone. just wondering if anyones passed an etest with a high flow cat added after the flex. still wondering how big i should go as well.
Heres some clips:
Exhaust: MBRP Gen 1 + Magnaflo Highflow Cat + Focussport Headers + Borla Flex

Inside: link

Outside: link