FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ford F 150 Commercial
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Uh, I paid $30 for my truck in 98. But it's paid itself back and then some, so I think it has been a good, for lack of a better word, investment.
Vehicles are hardly an investment, but when it helps pay the bills, it becomes almost a necessity.

But not for $57 grand.
my dad bought one in 2004, he paid $40k for his, I laugh everytime he goes to fill up the tank. $100-120 a ttank. Dammn
HAH!, buy used, 8 grand :P for a 98.
meford4u,Mar 26 2006, 09:36 AM Wrote:Uh, I paid $30 for my truck in 98.  But it's paid itself back and then some, so I think it has been  a good, for lack of a better word, investment.[right][snapback]177017[/snapback][/right]
I always call them supercrews, but in-plant we called them "6-man cabs".

Like this:
[Image: a41986.jpg]

$30G was a lot of money for a truck at the time, considering it was nearly double the cost of a regular truck. I guess it would be the equivalent of a $57G now.
$57 easy. I still like the old style of trucks from back then
I thought I saw one of the big 3 list an extended cab for just over 20Gs with a small 8 in it. Maybe it was the TimCrack in my hand at the time.

It's a very cool commercial, and I'm quite sure they used some serious cable and pulleys. I used to run snatch blocks and other tackle as part of a "rollover crew" when I worked for A Towing many, many years ago. My Dad's still there, driving a 40-ton Pete double axle with either a Vulcan or NRC wrecker and an underlift as well for buses and grab'n'go jobs.

If you think that's cool, you should see a 60-ton wrecker lift and roll a cement mixer in the air! :D
Pages: 1 2