FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My New Car
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Maybe if you knew why I was still here you wouldnt make high and mightyish comments about why I live at home...

;)

I consider toughing it out here very smart at the moment... for many reasons... Specially since im still establishing myself in an industry and starting up a fitness company...

But hey what do I know right! I live in my parents basement! I must be an idiot... =P
tdot-zx3,Mar 27 2006, 05: Wrote:Maybe if you knew why I was still here you wouldnt make high and mightyish comments about why I live at home...

;)

I consider toughing it out here very smart at the moment... for many reasons... Specially since im still establishing myself in an industry and starting up a fitness company...

But hey what do I know right! I live in my parents basement! I must be an idiot... =P
[right][snapback]177326[/snapback][/right]
did I say that? Please don't put words in my mouth.
What I am saying is that you seem to be handing out alot of backlash and backing up a guy who has forever made silly financial decisions.
He may be young.
He may be setting a different course in life.
But economics is economics. It doesn't change because his life's goals and outlook are different than mine or yours for that matter.

And may I give you a piece of advice about starting up a fitness company. By fitness company, do you mean a fitness/exercise place where you go and work out?
Why do I care? Because they tend to be failures. I have belonged to a gym before and it went under. I am sure many of us can attest to the same thing.
I just hope that you think things through very well, hire a financial assistant and have a firm plan and model in place before expending time energy and money on an uphill battle.
tdot-zx3,Mar 27 2006, 05: Wrote:But hey what do I know right! I live in my parents basement! I must be an idiot... =P
[right][snapback]177326[/snapback][/right]
No, it doesn't make you an idiot, it makes you a sponge. Just a smart sponge. ;)

That was a joke BTW.

As I said, personally, I don't give a rats butt what Jay drives; I don't know Jay, I don't presume to. I hope he's happy.

However, I've read a few posts, and from what I gathered he had some financial issues, got rid of his car under the premise of saving money, then bought a new car immediately, dissing the old one (and the carmaker) for "ripping him off" when he doesn't seem to grasp the dollars and cents behind the purchase enough to have him make that accusation. (Or am I missing something?)

It doesn't matter if he's Joe Poor or Ritchie Rich. It's about informed purchasing.
Definetly Sparky... I agree with you there...

Just this board has a previous history of not looking at it from a logical standpoint but looking at it from a .. "its not our way therefore its not right"...

My comments are not directed at the ones making a conscious effort to help ... but the ones that I know are just shaking their heads the same way they did to me or to anyone else thats decided they wanted to live a little....
meford4u,Mar 27 2006, 10:43 PM Wrote:did I say that?  Please don't put words in my mouth.
What I am saying is that you seem to be handing out alot of backlash and backing up a guy who has forever made silly financial decisions.
He may be young.
He may be setting a different course in life.
But economics is economics.  It doesn't change because his life's goals and outlook are different than mine or yours for that matter.

I hate to play devils advocate and stir stuff up more ... but what of any of that had to do with your comment in your previous message? I dont see how any of it ties together at all....

Pointing fingers at me and where I live was uncalled for... childish really... I didnt expect that from you.

Quote:And may I give you a piece of advice about starting up a fitness company.  By fitness company, do you mean a fitness/exercise place where you go and work out?
Why do I care?  Because they tend to be failures.  I have belonged to a gym before and it went under.  I am sure many of us can attest to the same thing.
I just hope that you think things through very well, hire a financial assistant and have a firm plan and model in place before expending time energy and money on an uphill battle.

Why would a Parkour guy that doesnt believe in workout gyms go and start his own .. Ludacris... ;) .... Besides think more positive! Its a billllion apon billion dollar industry.

I applaud you for trying to look out for me though... but anything you or anyone on here could tell me about the industry I belong to... I know about much better already anyways. Thats not cockyness... thats just the fact that Ive done wellll more then 'my homework' ...

Thanks though for the honest effort. I appreciate that.
best of luck

I got a brand new car again, all other loans paid off and I have a hefty wad of cash (my cushion). End of story and my financial business.
tdot-zx3,Mar 27 2006, 05: Wrote:Just this board has a previous history of not looking at it from a logical standpoint but looking at it from a .. "its not our way therefore its not right"...

where've you been? that's soooooo not the case now...

B) B)
ZX3TUNR,Mar 27 2006, 06:12 PM Wrote:I got a brand new car again, all other loans paid off and I have a hefty wad of cash (my cushion). End of story and my financial business.
[right][snapback]177350[/snapback][/right]
Fair enough. :)
tdot-zx3,Mar 27 2006, 05: Wrote:Many paths in life.... [right][snapback]177323[/snapback][/right]

Buying a Honda Civic can hardly be called a path and even if it could be called a path it doesn't really go anywhere does it?

You are taking a non-traditional path as you say but at least you have a map or a sense of direction. That is the difference.

EDIT: I wish when I was that age I was privy to the advice that has been dished out around here the last few years. Deep down I think it is more a desire to see a kid do well not mockery, most of the guys dishing it out are dads.
I think it is more a desire to see a kid do well not mockery

Amen. That my friend, for me anyway, is the clearest statement written today.
I've just kept my mouth shut (which is a first, I know, I know), but at least by buying the SPI of Hondas ;) you'll be able to hopefully settle down a tad, buy a house or whatever else earns you equity and then you get to play for real. It's all preamble to that point, believe me.

The only downside to a new car (to me) is the instant depreciation. Otherwise, congrats.
The one thing i DO like about new cars is the peice of mind. Knowing it has warranty and stuff like that, and your good for years to come.
well it may only have 145hp, but thats still more than a Focus!
PerfectSaiyan,Mar 28 2006, 01:47 PM Wrote:well it may only have 145hp, but thats still more than a Focus!
[right][snapback]177610[/snapback][/right]
Focus has way more TQ tho. Which is what really counts. And for the same weight I'd take the focus.
I'd take the focus cuz i think civics are over priced for what they are. They don't have the quality that they once did.
habmann,Mar 28 2006, 04:30 PM Wrote:I'd take the focus cuz i think civics are over priced for what they are. They don't have the quality that they once did.
[right][snapback]177651[/snapback][/right]

The Civics still have the same quality if not better I think. The 2006's are amazing cars. From panels to the over all layout of the car.

Quote:Focus has way more TQ tho. Which is what really counts. And for the same weight I'd take the focus.

I taken the Focus to the track and sure the tourqe helps out for the first couple feet but that 110hp sohc civic still end ups destroying you. What also comes down to it is money comparison. To get a ZX3 any where into 200HP range a non do it your self person is looking at $5000 easily. It would take 1/2 of that to make any Honda motor quick.
ZX3TUNR,Mar 28 2006, 06:44 PM Wrote:
Quote:Focus has way more TQ tho. Which is what really counts. And for the same weight I'd take the focus.

I taken the Focus to the track and sure the tourqe helps out for the first couple feet but that 110hp sohc civic still end ups destroying you. What also comes down to it is money comparison. To get a ZX3 any where into 200HP range a non do it your self person is looking at $5000 easily. It would take 1/2 of that to make any Honda motor quick.
[right][snapback]177657[/snapback][/right]

Well, i wouldnt go as far as saying the 110 motor would 'destroy' a focus.....not even close actually. ;) I've raced many civics with header, intake, exhaust in my focus pre trubo and it was certannly not a race I got destroyed in.

But yes, its so much cheaper to make those cars fast compred to ANYTHING on the market. Thats what happens when your the only car maker being supported by ricers nation. :P
PerfectSaiyan,Mar 28 2006, 01:47 PM Wrote:well it may only have 145hp, but thats still more than a Focus!
[right][snapback]177610[/snapback][/right]

Maybe more than your fOCUS. ;)
SVT ZX3,Mar 28 2006, 06:04 PM Wrote:Maybe more than your fOCUS. ;)
[right][snapback]177663[/snapback][/right]
Not MY Focus!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7