FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: If You Bought Tim Horton's Shares Today..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
you'd be 1/3rd times richer than you started off the day...

Quote:Shares in Tim Hortons up $10 to $37
Shares in Tim Hortons Inc. were up $10 - to more than $37 - in early trading Friday after the popular coffee-shop chain's highly promoted initial public stock offering.
*smacks forhead repeatedly on desk*

F*** F*** F***
darkpuppet,Mar 24 2006, 04:47 PM Wrote:you'd be 1/3rd  times richer than you started off the day...

Quote:Shares in Tim Hortons up $10 to $37
Shares in Tim Hortons Inc. were up $10 - to more than $37 - in early trading Friday after the popular coffee-shop chain's highly promoted initial public stock offering.
[right][snapback]176751[/snapback][/right]

I bought 1000 shares.... my enzo dream just got that much closer!
if i had cash to throw at a stock...it would be that one!!!

Coffee is the most used drug in world!!!!!!

BAWHAHWHWHA
Oscar The Grouch,Mar 24 2006, 11:50 AM Wrote:*smacks forhead repeatedly on desk*

F*** F*** F***
[right][snapback]176753[/snapback][/right]

Is there room on that desk for my head?

I feel the same way, altho i don't really have the funny to buy an significant amount of shares, but i'm still kicking myself regardless.
Same here....dayum....hindsight is 20/20 for sure....would have been nice...
hardk0re,Mar 24 2006, 12:14 PM Wrote:Same here....dayum....hindsight is 20/20 for sure....would have been nice...
[right][snapback]176772[/snapback][/right]

I didn't buy any shares because I gave them all my money to get coffee. Damb I could have gave them money and got money and still enjoyed a coffee too.....bloody Murphy, gets me everytime.
Chances are you wouldn't have got any shares anyway. There was a waiting list for shares created months ago, they were all accounted for :(
it was talked about for a long time. they highly anticipated the IPO's from coming months.. The good news, is if there trying to kick you out of a timmies parking lot for loitering, just pull out your shareholder papers and they'll leave u alone.
Bort,Mar 24 2006, 12:41 PM Wrote:Chances are you wouldn't have got any shares anyway.  There was a waiting list for shares created months ago, they were all accounted for :(
[right][snapback]176776[/snapback][/right]

yeah, I guess I should have clarified.. as in any majorly anticipated IPO, chances of joe-schmoe us getting shares on opening day are unlikely.
paolo,Mar 24 2006, 12:56 PM Wrote:The good news, is if there trying to kick you out of a timmies parking lot for loitering, just pull out your shareholder papers and they'll leave u alone.
[right][snapback]176778[/snapback][/right]

:lol: I hate when they do that!
yay all my stuff went down liek 10 cents today :( damnit!
makes me wish I had money for stocks

lol
Geez, makes me wish I'd flipped my shares in Sun Life to get those Timmies shares <_< could have made enough coin to do some serious Focus modding & then some.

Then again the issue price of Sun Life Financial was $35 a share and I'm at $50 now so :P

NefCanuck
One angle on this whole thing is to buy Wendy's. see this article (strategy 2 specifically)
Gambling pays off. I had been hunting for a broker, next to impossible as most IMO are gobbled up by huge purchasers of new stock because they hope it will go throught the roof.
I bought 10000 shares. That's going to hep with the new house. And I am glad it paid off as I didn't tell the wife. SURPRISE!
meford4u,Mar 24 2006, 02:41 PM Wrote:Gambling pays off.  I had been hunting for a broker, next to impossible as most IMO are gobbled up by huge purchasers of new stock because they hope it will go throught the roof.
I bought 10000 shares.  That's going to hep with the new house.  And I am glad it paid off as I didn't tell the wife.  SURPRISE!
[right][snapback]176799[/snapback][/right]

good for you!

I shopped around to get in on this IPO, but missed it by a day or two... managing my own portfolio sucks sometimes.
wow, you bought 10000 shares in tim hortons?
Yes, but I got in at $27/share and sold at $33. I'll still take it.
wow... you made like 60k - fees...

impressive
Pages: 1 2