FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rogers Internet Upgrade?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know if they upgraded speeds recently?

I used to max out at ~400kb/s on normal high speed internet ... but now I can do constant 640kb/s ... which is a nice surprise...

Any one of you nerds have info on this? Nothings changed at all on my computer btw...
yeah. extreme was upped to 6.0megabit... says so on the website
I can answer this as my bf works for rogers....

Express internet is now being re-speeded to 5 Megabits a second according to him.
so they up the bandwidth to 6mbit/s and still have the stupid monthly download cap?

i think its bc you are their offical spokesmen, you get extra stuff ;)
It was reported that Rogers was originally intending to phase out the grandfathered $44.95 5Mbps service. It was grandfathered because it represented a price increase a very short time after extreme was introduced. So, the intention was that eventually everyone would pay and get the $46.95 6Mbps service to rationalize the service.

Yes, people could call in to get the upgrade (if the tech you spoke with understood what it was all about) but it was reported that everyone would get it early this year and everyone would start paying $46.92

But, somewhere along the way, this appears to have put aside after the news that Rogers intends to introduce even higher speeds for extreme. That's probably because they'll rationalize everything then.

This is a big hassle with any plans that are "grandfathered". Look at all the different VIP plans and bundles plans that are offered. Cell services are even WORSE. You sign up for a plan, and it's gone a few months later, and worse, you want some details on the plan and you can't find it any more.

This page has the 100GB cap listed: »http://www.shoprogers.com/store/cable/InternetContent/compare.asp

although this page is still incomplete, another tier will be added at the end of march.. Portable... ie the former iFido inukshuk based wimax technology. I've currently experneiced a 1mbit speed increase too..
Inukshuk....fawk, I hope i dont hear about that for a long time.

We just set up a s*** load of cell sites for them out West & out East.
1st Bell/Roger partnership project I've worked on in a long time!!
I hate how plans are always changing.. usually to the detriment of my wallet's contents.
Frost__2001,Mar 23 2006, 10:29 PM Wrote:I can answer this as my bf works for rogers....

Express internet is now being re-speeded to 5 Megabits a second according to him.
[right][snapback]176631[/snapback][/right]

best friend...or boyfriend? Its cool if you play for that team, im just curious...
FociPhil,Mar 24 2006, 11:42 AM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Mar 23 2006, 10:29 PM Wrote:I can answer this as my bf works for rogers....

best friend...or boyfriend? Its cool if you play for that team, im just curious...
[right][snapback]176747[/snapback][/right]

Hahaha.. phil, if you left off topic once in a while you'd know that answer allready...

The answer is: Boyfriend
^^^ hahaha i had to adjust my monitor to read it.

LMAO
FociPhil,Mar 24 2006, 04:42 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]176747[/snapback][/right]

welcome to last month eheh.. I thought you were in on that gay meter thread too??

:1gayfight2:
i was 46% gay...monday-wed im gay, for work purposes.

But the rest of the time, straight as an arrow.

Anyways...ROGERS OWNS jOOOO!!
Flofocus,Mar 24 2006, 12:07 PM Wrote:Inukshuk....fawk, I hope i dont hear about that for a long time.

We just set up a s*** load of cell sites for them out West & out East.
1st Bell/Roger partnership project I've worked on in a long time!!
[right][snapback]176737[/snapback][/right]

Ya I know all about them, theres cell sites now in oakville, mississauga, north york, downsview, downtown, and surrounding. initial tests are pretty impressive
darkpuppet,Mar 24 2006, 11:09 AM Wrote:I hate how plans are always changing.. usually to the detriment of my wallet's contents.
[right][snapback]176738[/snapback][/right]

That's why you get a good plan and you hold on to the sumbeyotch until yer stone cold dead.

I have a cell plan from Telus that reaches back to '01 (renewed on contract in '04) gives me free evenings after 6pm, free weekends, 50 daytime minutes, per second billing & voicemail for $45. If they tell me at next renewal they won't honour that plan any longer then I'll just go shopping and see what's out there.

NefCanuck