FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Honda Announces Fit Pricing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
March 20, 2006

Toronto, Ontario - Honda has announced that its new subcompact Fit hatchback, which will go on sale in Canada on April 3, will have prices ranging from $14,980 to $20,780.

All-new to Canada, the Fit was introduced in Japan in 2001 and is currently sold in 70 countries. It will come into Honda's line-up under the newly redesigned Civic.

In Canada, the Fit will be offered in three trim levels of DX, LX and Sport. All will feature a 109 hp, 1.5-litre engine with five-speed manual or optional five-speed automatic transmission that returns an estimated 7.3 L/100 km in city driving and 5.8 L/100 km on the highway. Standard features include a 160-watt CD stereo and power windows; the Sport model features wheel-mounted paddle shifters (with the automatic), underbody kit, rear roofline spoiler, fog lights, security system, 200-watt stereo, leather-wrapped wheel and 15-inch alloy wheels. All models also feature the innovative "Magic Seat", a rear 60/40 split seat that folds down or flips up, providing four distinct seating and cargo-carrying configurations.

I thought the Echo was terribly overpriced when loaded up when it came out a couple years ago. This is almost as rediculous. Lots of better options at $20K. I suppose $$$/features I was never all that impressed with Honda. My neighbor downstairs recently bought a new Civic with an ATX and a few options checked off. He paid more than I paid for my ZX5, fully loaded with leather and advancetrac.
And the Ricers celebrated into the night. :P

Hah, for 20K I'll take a gently used Impreza RS with good options.

DX, LX, and Sport - Honda-speak for "even the SPI will whup it".