FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Decisions, Decisions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I'm getting back into paintballing this year. It's been WAY too long, but it should be fun :D

My brother-in-law came by with one of these last night:

http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/1199/

Haven't fired it yet (that's what tonight is for!), but it seems sweet. If I was to run it in more than burst mode, I'd want a Viewloader eVLution II or something along those lines for it. It also needs a new barrel - 14" or maybe a 16".

I just bought and have briefly test-fired one of these:

http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/1001/

It has an upgraded bolt, 14" Xcel barrel, 20oz CO2 tank. It's low-end and actually made of some sort of plastic, but damn does it fire nice!

Both have basic classic Viewloader-style 140-count hoppers.

I've still got some more gear to source before the snow melts, but we ought to get ready.

Sara's actually thinking of playing, so I'm considering buying the Imagine and then rotating the markers between us.

Suggestions from those who play more than I do (or at least have in the last 7 years, anyways :D)?

Smart-ass comments are not appreciated, and I'm advance-requesting that thread-crap posts be deleted. Thanks.
Are you more a fan of speedball tournaments or more of a Commando like paintball player ?

I have a couple of friends who swears only by arena tournaments here In Gatineau. They have their team and compete on a regular basis in Quebec and Onatrio.

I'm not a fan of paintball myself, but if you need infos on speedball gears I could give you a hand.
I'm an admitted paintball newb.... played for a while almost 10 years ago, been out of the loop for 7-8.

More woodsball than anything else given the terrain and fields here.

I'm a close to medium support guy, sniping as a second profession.

It's easier to assume I know next to nothing at this point and start from scratch :)
I've got a spyder imagine. Its a pretty good marker. Personally i'd like to get a tippmann, you just can't break them but the imagine does the job. I found tho that the imagine takes a lil more care, gotta clean it more.

Personally for a hopper i went the oposite way most do and i bought a Q-loader. It definately makes me stand out when i go to the field.

Hit me up on msn if you need to know anything else NOS.