FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Anyone Else Around Here?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was just wondering if there is anyone near Trenton ON? :huh: I was thinking like in the Belleville, Kingston, Napanee, Cobourg area? Or is the nearest people in the Toronto area....not complaining, just looking for a cruising partner for future "Sunday drives"
Almost all the member here are from Toronto area.
There are some members in and around Ottawa IIRC.
Hey, I'll be flying by on the 401 tomory...goin to Quebec to see my gf. When I hit your area it's only another 6 hours.
common there is about 3 members from Windsor maybe.....
There's 4 or 5 of us in the hamilton area. And no thats not the Toronto area.
Down with ontario
I grew up in campbellford, short skip from trenton.....I moved to the big smog tho :P
I'm not from Toronto, but im from ALMOST toronto...
I guess I will be joining you folks in the south for any tours until I get some new members up here.

If you folks want to come up to the 1/4 mile track here in Shannonville let me know and I will get the schedule and join ya's
Have you ever been to shannonville? Is it a decent track? I wouldn't mind heading out there over cayuga...traffic sucks going west :(

I'm just not sure on the quality of the track, how late they are open, etc. A few times at st. Thomas they closed the track early because they felt there wasn't enough people......those things never happen at cayuga...but theres always too many people.... :rolleyes:
I went there last year and the track is really nice....theres weekends the have pro and semi-pro cars there. I took my foci on the track when I first got it and she did 17.6 stock. no big great time but there was 8 cars and we were all there with our cars for fun. the track opens around I think 7-8 and usually closes at midnight and sometime later depending on the amount of cars.

If there is only a very few cars the will close early. It is $20 to enter your car and that guarentees you three runs. and spectators pay $5-10 and there is no one but the driver of the car permitted behind the wall (track area) and no passangers in car during a run. windows and doors comepletely closed. You know the standard safety precautions. NBD.

It is all in all a pretty good track and I will post a schedule when I get one for the years event. And maybe I will plan a G2G for one of the nights.
Are you in the military? A few of the boyz here fly in and out of Trenton often and I'm sure would appreciate some one to meet up with rather than hang around the AMU waiting for the next Scare Air plane.
ROGER THAT!!! I am in the military and love my job. You can tell them that they can feel safe when landing at this Base because I maintain Airport RADARS here in Trenton so they can know at least something is working properly to help them arrive safe in this little s***hole corner of the world...No just kidding it's pretty decent around here.

Are you in the military? And are your buddies in too? The planes are pretty good considering there the Oldest flying Hercules in the World. there are several here that were made in 1958/59 NOW THAT IS OLD!!!

Oh by the way if they want to get together anytime there in town let me know in advance and I will meet them. (Only if they are Focus owners too....LOL....just kidding.)
Get that schedule up, I think i'd like to hit the track sometime in April if they are open that early......
From Ottawa Here, grew up in Gatineau. Gonna move back home soon enough.. getting my own house.
Your gonna move back to Gatineau? Are you going to Gat. for the g2g on may 5th? if you are maybe you can show us where we have to go when we get there.

Hey Hardk0re: The track schedule is posted on the tracks site, which is Shannonville.com You can even pre-register for which ever weekend you want to come up. I will still post the season schedule when I get some more info such as the price and facilities.
I'd be up for it but my Focus is no where near done, still in the process of returning parts that were constructed wrong...(axle shafts). Then its off to a chassis shop to get the fuel tank constructed from TIG welded aluminum..

I am moving to Gatineau, found a house that I can afford with a nice garage to house my toys. should be fun :D
Ferocious ZX3,Mar 20 2006, 01:40 PM Wrote:I'd be up for it but my Focus is no where near done, still in the process of returning parts that were constructed wrong...(axle shafts). Then its off to a chassis shop to get the fuel tank constructed from TIG welded aluminum..

I am moving to Gatineau, found a house that I can afford with a nice garage to house my toys. should be fun :D
[right][snapback]175927[/snapback][/right]

Is it hard to get around there?...ie find Wal-Mart at 5-6 at night on a friday? :huh:
Yep its very easy, stay on maloney boulevard and you cant miss it, its in the same section as Canadian Tire and Super C. There's also a Shell gas station in that section.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlo...rtment%20Stores
Pages: 1 2