FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Fan Blower Motor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys I noticed that my interior fan only works on setting 4 now, it's very very reduced in power compaired to before, and dose nothing in the other 3 settings, could this be the fan blower motor or a faulty switch?
Ussually a switch. But check the electrical coils on the Fans then selves. There shoudl be a shot on the bottum in between both fans where a little square object sticks out and the electrical elements should be there un covered. I found them when I had to take the front end apart do to a person without brake lights and a long trailer hitch.
When I saw mine the car was only 2 years old then if not a little older and the electrical elements were already bad in the corossion department.
But most likely the switch is at fault.
well my car is a 2001, and I would not be suprised if it is the motor as the switch (dial) was replaced 3 years ago with the euro one.
I would say either the fan or the resistor which controls the voltasge to the fan (controls the fan speed).
its that blue or white box in behind your glove box. I founf a post on FF and even on here before about it. I think it will take a $30 part from ford and a lil bit of sodering to fix it up.
hmm i'll check that out later on thanks kevin & andrew

Either or I have to do something else to the car at the same time so I'm not in a huge hurry to get it fixed until the weekend. Plus I found out a replacement motor is surprisingly cheap... if I have to replace it that is.

So yeah I replaced the fan switch, and had the fan blower checked and I still don't have fan speeds 1-3 working in my car, any ideas guys?
Sounds like the blower motor resistor. Like I said before. From my experience behind the parts counter that is what I would suggest. I wouldn't think it would be the switch.
Most likely the blower motor resistor I have replaced it my Focus (under warrenty and on the wifes sentra. Easy fix.
David
Its the Blower Motor Resistor pack you can find it behind the glovebox on the lower left side.. its got an electrical connector on it.. it will be either Blue White or Black