FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: F1 Is Back.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey F1 is back and I like the new rules. I would be scared to work in the pits for Aguri :lol: Crasy Ide, the guy needs a nav in is F1 to find his pit erea :lol:
Yup I watched the race last sunday. Great stuff since a lot of the teams are competetive now. Hopefully there will be great battles for points and ons of action. I kinda feel sorry for the guys still using the detuned V-10's though. they have no chance of winning the championship. If they start getting too good the FIA will detune them more so basically they can't win!
I love the qualifying now, except for the 3rd round. Watching cars cruise around wasting gas because they know they can fill up again afterwards isn't exciting.

Tell them they can use whatever amount of fuel they want, but whatever they're left with at the end of the session, is what they start the race on. I think that would be better, it would put a little more strategy into that part.

But over all I loved the race. And Kimi was awesome.
Kimi is a good driver but he's unlucky, exemple Malaysia:) My cable cut-out during the race, I called Shaw cable, they told me they were servicing the system at that time. I watched the end the next day, 20laps to the end of the race:(
F1 is finally exciting again this year. I watched the last race and actually enjoyed it.
Excellent race last night in Australia with Alonso winning and Kimi coming in 2nd with Ralf Shumacher possibly being kicked out of his 3rd place because he was caught passing under yellow flags. Michael Shumacher didn't even get a single point has he crashed soon after getting new tires and was putting in some fast laps but the curb at the begining of the front straight caught him off guard and launched his Ferrari into the wall.

Now for some exciting news there are reports that a total of 22 teams have signed up for the 2008 season and some old names have been mentioned with Minardi and Jordan among them as well as a McLaren 'B' team.

Laterz :)
It's been a long long time since I've watched an F1 race with any sort of enthusiasm but this year is unbelievably good! After way a decade of messing around with qualifying they finally got it right!

Last nights race was the best in years, too bad that first safety car came out, how great would those next few laps have been?

The 110% rule should be back in though; Aguri cars are just way too slow with Ide 11sec off pole. Honda or not send them home until they can prove they can compete.

I’m glad to see that Speed lost his point for ignoring the yellow flags, that kid needs to realize that he really isn’t as good as he thinks he is.

Bring on San Marino!!! :)
I gave up watching F1 a few years ago, right about the time Ferari started winning every race. I watched a few last year, but the lack of meaningful pitstops and some of the other changes just ruined the sport.

I've watched a few races this year, and they're finally back to being competitive and exciting.
Prodrive states F1 goal

Prodrive, the Banbury-based engineering firm responsible for Subaru's world rallying activities and the P2 concept car (above), has confirmed that it is intending to enter Formula 1 in 2008.

Applications for the 2008 series close today, but Prodrive boss David Richards says the time is right for his firm to step up to the top formula in motorsport. 'F1 is still regarded as the pinnacle of motorsport and therefore a natural next step for Prodrive,' he said. 'We are very much a minnow in comparison to the vehicle manufacturers who currently dominate the sport, but on the basis of the new regulations being proposed by the FIA, we believe the time is now right for us to take the next step.'

Prodrive's entry is not guaranteed, however. Only a certain number of teams can contest the series and as motorsport's governing body, the FIA will decide which are eligible. However, the relatively small scale of Prodrive's plan is likely to appeal to FIA President Max Mosley, who is keen to nurture private teams in the sport at the expense of larger, well-funded manufacturer teams.

Earlier this year, Prodrive revealed plans to develop its testing facility in Warwickshire to cope with an F1 project. But a local residents' group has been formed to fight the proposal.
Is it true that they are only going to allow V8 cars in F1 eventually? I'd hate to hear this was true because a V12 or V10 under full song sounds amazing...
Drivesthebeast,Apr 4 2006, 10:55 AM Wrote:Is it true that they are only going to allow V8 cars in F1 eventually?  I'd hate to hear this was true because a V12 or V10 under full song sounds amazing...
[right][snapback]178961[/snapback][/right]

Every team but Torro Roso are using V8's this year.
I saw we make a get together and take a trip to montreal for F1 when they come to town
2001 ZTS,Apr 3 2006, 05:56 AM Wrote:Prodrive states F1 goal

Prodrive, the Banbury-based engineering firm responsible for Subaru's world rallying activities and the P2 concept car (above), has confirmed that it is intending to enter Formula 1 in 2008.

Applications for the 2008 series close today, but Prodrive boss David Richards says the time is right for his firm to step up to the top formula in motorsport. 'F1 is still regarded as the pinnacle of motorsport and therefore a natural next step for Prodrive,' he said. 'We are very much a minnow in comparison to the vehicle manufacturers who currently dominate the sport, but on the basis of the new regulations being proposed by the FIA, we believe the time is now right for us to take the next step.'

Prodrive's entry is not guaranteed, however. Only a certain number of teams can contest the series and as motorsport's governing body, the FIA will decide which are eligible. However, the relatively small scale of Prodrive's plan is likely to appeal to FIA President Max Mosley, who is keen to nurture private teams in the sport at the expense of larger, well-funded manufacturer teams.

Earlier this year, Prodrive revealed plans to develop its testing facility in Warwickshire to cope with an F1 project. But a local residents' group has been formed to fight the proposal.

[right][snapback]178711[/snapback][/right]

It's official now.

F1-Live - Prodrive is in for 2008

2008 Entry List

BMW Sauber F1 Team
Honda Racing F1 Team
MF1 Racing
Prodrive
Red Bull Racing
Mild Seven Renault F1 Team
Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro
Super Aguri F1 Team