FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Pot Holes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
so after taking 970$ worth of brakes up the a@s last week i now have incurred 670$ worth of repairs for a pothole that i hit in innsifil

my rim is bent - sway bar links and alignment is screwed!

i going after innisfil for the cost but hell man - when it rains it

POURS!!!!!!!!!!

thought i would vent

^%%#@&^%#^&%@#^%@^&%@^&#%^&%@#&^%@&^%@&^%#&^@%#^&%@#^&%@#&^%@

thanks i feel better

craig
Take a lesson from Puppet's license plate - ISWERVE or whatever it is... something like that.

I've been dodging potholes all winter here, especially in the last few weeks.
the one hole was 36" x 20" and 8" deep - how can they let it get that back - like F$@K - give yr head a shake!!!!!!!!
That sucks! And those are your steeda rims? or steelies?
i know what your talking about man...sucks big donkey b@lls
if that happened to me I would leave my car in the middle of the road or whatever, there are some huge pothole..... better yet craters in the road. It's just plain dangerous to have those on roads let alone highways.

good luck getting your money back for the repairs, if you get anything at all you'll prolly have to wait a long time liek some others on here.

Nos- if you swerve to avoid a pothole and hit someone, it's your fault for doing so. I don't think blaming the pothole would hold up. Sucks doesn't it.
nass,Mar 15 2006, 12:50 PM Wrote:Nos- if you swerve to avoid a pothole and hit someone, it's your fault for doing so. I don't think blaming the pothole would hold up. Sucks doesn't it.
[right][snapback]174949[/snapback][/right]

Agreed man, and I'm not trying to pick on him or insult him or anything... it's just at this time of year... you've gotta REALLY be watching ahead, know your route, etc. It's just common sense for a good driver, doubly so when you live in a region that historically takes a pounding for snow.

Ask Oscar, there are entire stretches of roads in North Bay we'll take great pains to avoid, just because the potholes suck THAT BAD. I know the roads are a lot less interconnected in that neck of the woods, especially getting to/from the main highways. I'm just saying is all.
I dont see the problem. Oh, that must be because of my 2 foot clearance in the Justy! :P :lol:

Go winter beater Go!!!
Avoiding pot holes is a fact of life year round here in Hamilton. Smooth roads are few and far between around here.
Flofocus,Mar 15 2006, 06:41 PM Wrote:I dont see the problem.  Oh, that must be because of my 2 foot clearance in the Justy!  :P  :lol:

Go winter beater Go!!!
[right][snapback]174957[/snapback][/right]

Well i dont think clearence is the issue. i think the only people that can take potholes are the jeeps and SUV's that have tire to big and think to be affected. My ZTS is stock height and stock tires and rims, and the potholes own.
I have no issues with potholes.

I own a truck. With really really big man sized tires. ohhhhhhh my.
I have a lowered focus with 16" rims and tires... a couple of hard hits per winter, but nothing permanent
meford4u,Mar 15 2006, 08:20 PM Wrote:I have no issues with potholes.

I own a truck.  With really really big man sized tires. ohhhhhhh my.
[right][snapback]174972[/snapback][/right]

those big man sized tires on your truck match that big man sized tire on your waist :D

hehe sorry man I had to, you just left yourself way too open there.
^^^ swish.

COUNT IT!

i would love a jeep with big fat off road tires. so much more useful, and i wouldnt be paying all these repairs for potholes.
nass,Mar 15 2006, 03:25 PM Wrote:

those big man sized tires on your truck match that big man sized tire on your waist :D

[right][snapback]174980[/snapback][/right]

be man enough with those fightin words to post your pic?

i doubt it. see you at the next meet. :D

I'll be the biggest guy there
meford4u,Mar 15 2006, 08:33 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]174984[/snapback][/right]

and I'll be the smallest :(
nass,Mar 15 2006, 03:34 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Mar 15 2006, 08:33 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]174984[/snapback][/right]

and I'll be the smallest :(
[right][snapback]174985[/snapback][/right]

so you will be the guy i see running away
Ouch that sucks. Yeah potholes area real pain in the ass, luckily I know the areas on the 401 that are prone to 'em in the GTA and take precautions (avoid the outside lanes, slow down when you see 'em coming etc.)

Hopefully this year with the mild winter we've had there will be fewer potholes, but I'm not betting on it.

NefCanuck
I hit a pot hole once...blew the tire!! It sucked!
yes yes - i didnt see it because it was long instead of short and sweet and it was on the edge of the road - but will keep in touch and let ya all know how it goes - the stupid ford rim alone was 313$ - hello!!!!

i sent in 10 pics - statement and 2 quotes on repairs - and im staying ont their case for a while!!!
Pages: 1 2