FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Brake Light On When Lights On
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You should check all your ground points while your at it.

From what you have said it really does sound like a faulty ground. All your lights will start to brighten and dim from the power going back thru circuts to find a ground point. I doubt it will be at the battery but it will be a chassis ground.
Then it definately seems to be a grnding issue. The only reason I mentioned the wiring is another soldier I know bought the euro lights no the euro style lights from an after market company and it caused hime nothing but problems until he bought a wiring kit so it would work properly.
well good news is it's not related to the brake pedel at all, and it's neither light switch, I check all the fuses on the lights, and they are fine, I'm thinking it's main ground in the trunk, if it's not then I'll have a fun project to follow all the wiring right back up to the dash..... :rolleyes:

but after ano hour outside with the wind I'm liable to leave it for now till it warms up later next week.
thats good news frost... have you tried a voltmeter and just seeing the breakes are receiving the right voltage?
NO I haven't, I don't have one to be honest, I wish I did though it would have helped when wiring up everything now that I think about it.
Ever find out what the cause was? I just did a brake light search here and this post was the only one I found. We discovered the ZTW had the brake lights on all the time, except when in park. Doesn't matter if full lights are on or not, or parking brake on or not. As soon as I take it out of park, the brake lights come on except for the third one. Just took it into the warranty center (dealership) because the wife obvioulsly doesn't want to drive it with the brake lights on at all time. I hope they fix it fast as the wife has my Marauder right now :(
I'll let ya know what the cause was.
Dealership Repaired:
Checked wires at tailgate.BK wire chaffed.Repaired ground.Second wire broken.Green/yellow/wire repaired.
Frost__2001,Mar 17 2006, 03:22 PM Wrote:well I'm going to try doing changing over the headlight switch back to the american one and see if that solves the problem.

And getting to the Euro Tails, it's american wiring wired to the tail light not European wiring, there is no European wiring in my car cept the kit that came with the ST170 headlights, and it wires to the american using the american wiring.
[right][snapback]175507[/snapback][/right]

It sounds to me like your getting voltage to the lights when you shouldnt be.

This would be caused by wiring being wrong IE Ground and positive being crossed or the switch isnt comming all the way off.
but id say wireing
CanadaSVT,Jan 18 2007, 08:41 AM Wrote:Ever find out what the cause was?  I just did a brake light search here and this post was the only one I found.  We discovered the ZTW had the brake lights on all the time, except when in park.  Doesn't matter if full lights are on or not, or parking brake on or not.  As soon as I take it out of park, the brake lights come on except for the third one.  Just took it into the warranty center (dealership) because the wife obvioulsly doesn't want to drive it with the brake lights on at all time.  I hope they fix it fast as the wife has my Marauder right now :(
I'll let ya know what the cause was.
[right][snapback]223759[/snapback][/right]

I just looked and the green wire is broken at the hatch again. I'll find out why they didn't replace the loom back in Jan. 07 instead of just attaching the broken wires and wrapping them. Well the ZTW is going back to the repair show tomorrow for this again :o
Well I'm picking up the car a 5 today. At first when the advisor callled she quoted me $400 something for a new loom. After I questioned why the loom had not been replaced last January and now I feel like I'm being hosed, she asked me to wait 15 min and she'd get back to me.
Now the loom will be replaced free of charge as per the service managers instructions, and now I feel much more relaxed then when I heard something about $400+ in reapairs. My steaming red face is slowly returning to it's usual calm Canadian cracker white.
hmm I need to pay attenetion more I think... didn't know anyone else had this issue,

in my case it was from a broken ground wire in the trunk, it was broken in a few spots, so I replaced the whole wiring harness... took me about 30 minutes to do the change over.
Pages: 1 2