FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My Sister Got Into Car Accident
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My sister got into a car accident in the jetta, its not a major accident, but the back bumper is banged and scratched a bit, my sister did feel a bit of whiplash so she went to visit the doctor at the hospital last nite cus she wasnt feeling so well afterwareds. The other driver is a young girl, approx 18-24, Now since the other girl was at fault, my sister asked for her insurance information, the other girl and her dad refused to give out that info, so my sister asked for their family name, again, both of them failed to give out their surname, this is AFTER my sister told them that she works for Peel Popo and also flashed her Police Identification card their way. Theyre being pretty darn stubborn if you ask me.. They think theyre going to get off the hook by not disclosing this information to us? think again,since my sister works for the Popo. she is there now filing a report.

Anyone have a similar experience? how well did it go? What else do we have to do to in such situation?
She should have simply called the police right there.
You call the police ON THE SPOT the very moment they are unco-operative.

I believe it is not just "curtosy" but a requirement to exchange information at the scene? They may have in fact broken a law on top of rear ending a car (ALWAYS 100% others fault when rear ended: "following too close").
It seems strange that your sister, who has a brother in the cell phone business, and is apparently working for the police, wouldn't know well enough to pick up the phone she owns and call the police.
Just seems odd.
Glad she is ok.

And Andrew asked me to ask if she is hott
LOL
all you need are plates. With that you can get all other info. If they leave then that's another charge. Either way you HAVE TO call the police on the spot and call it in, if they are busy and no one is injured they'll just tell you to goto a reporting office like they did for my accident. My car was immobile but the other car could drive so she was able to leave.

hope she called it in and got atleast the plates of the other car and that she doesn't have any back or neck problems.
Glad she's okay. The other girl will probably be charged, maybe something like "Leaving the scene of an accident" or "Destruction of property".
Yeah... I hope they regret not giving you their information in the end, with a harder fine than they expect. Let's face it, they should get what they deserve... especially when they're trying to hide their identities.

Glad to hear your sister is alright though.
"No I ain't giving you my information" other dude" Aight (copies down plate, as dude is pulling away who wouldn't give info) "Hello Police, yah I was just involved in a hit and run, the other party just drove away here's their plate number" HHehe:D

Ohh and also very very likely the person driving did not have a valid license which is why they didn't want to give the info.
Well, some good news.. The Police were able to get ALL the necessary information on this girl all from just the cellphone number ... The officer called their home and asked the father of this girl, "is there a reason why you did not give your insurance information to the other driver when they requested it, by the way, I hope you know this is illegal, and I can have you arrested and/or charged" They didnt know what they did was wrong, or atleast they acted like they didnt know it, they figured my sister's work benefits will cover her personal injuries instead, thats a dumb assumption on their behalf. but they ended up complying to the officer's requests and gave us their insurance info. It's possible they were trying to hide something? but either way, whats more important than the car is my sisters state of health, and other than a bump/bruise shes alright.

And thanks for the concerns!
Phantom,Mar 13 2006, 08:07 PM Wrote:"No I ain't giving you my information" other dude" Aight (copies down plate, as dude is pulling away who wouldn't give info) "Hello Police, yah I was just involved in a hit and run, the other party just drove away here's their plate number" HHehe:D[right][snapback]174764[/snapback][/right]

+1

Let them drive off. Phone in the plates. They'll get charged, and have more than their insurance rates to worry about. Silly ignorant people.
i'm glad your sister is is alright.

i would still have the other party charged with something anyways.

just to teach them a lesson.

dumbass pricks
More then likely they had no insurance and didn't give it them in order for them to get it in time, I had that happen to me once before in the Topaz I had, all I did was replace the bumper myself was a nice check I got though for being in a accident like that though,

but the reason why the police moved so fast is because they protect their own, it's so stupid if you ask me. If it was anyone one else they would not have moved as fast as they did. It's good that your sister is ok though paolo, and she should press charges.
paolo,Mar 14 2006, 03:20 AM Wrote:Well, some good news..  The Police were able to get ALL the necessary information on this girl all from just the cellphone number ...  The officer called their home and asked the father of this girl, "is there a reason why you did not give your insurance information to the other driver when they requested it, by the way, I hope you know this is illegal, and I can have you arrested and/or charged"  They didnt know what they did was wrong,  or atleast they acted like they didnt know it, they figured my sister's work benefits will cover her personal injuries instead, thats a dumb assumption on their behalf.  but they ended up complying to the officer's requests and gave us their insurance info.    It's possible they were trying to hide something? but either way, whats more important than the car is my sisters state of health, and other than a bump/bruise shes alright.

[right][snapback]174767[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, it could of been that they were drunk and didnt want to get the cops invloved right away. Or maybe they figured your sister would just forget about the deal and go with her insurance( as if ).

anyways, glad to see things worked out for her.
paolo,Mar 13 2006, 10:20 PM Wrote:Well, some good news..  The Police were able to get ALL the necessary information on this girl all from just the cellphone number ...  The officer called their home and asked the father of this girl, "is there a reason why you did not give your insurance information to the other driver when they requested it, by the way, I hope you know this is illegal, and I can have you arrested and/or charged"  They didnt know what they did was wrong,  or atleast they acted like they didnt know it, they figured my sister's work benefits will cover her personal injuries instead, thats a dumb assumption on their behalf.  but they ended up complying to the officer's requests and gave us their insurance info.    It's possible they were trying to hide something? but either way, whats more important than the car is my sisters state of health, and other than a bump/bruise shes alright.

[right][snapback]174767[/snapback][/right]

Good to hear that your sister is okay. Cars can be fixed/replaced, people of course can't.

Now, it may just be my law training here but I've got a sneaking suspicion why the other party didn't want to give you their insurance info. Wanna bet that driver was on a G2 license or worse yet a G1? Get into an accident at that stage and your insurance premiums would be murderous for a long time :ph34r:

That story about the sisters work benefits? I call BS. That's a story they had time to concoct between the time they left the scene and when they got home :angry:

Still, good to know your sister is okay.

NefCanuck
Similar thing happened to me. I told the lady "You just hit me. You are supposed to give me your info. If you drive away, I'll have your plates, and then you'll be charged with hit and run. Your call."

In the end, she demanded the police to show up. She was like 70 years old, 4;8" tall, but she was the meanest bitch I've ever met in person to me. Soon as the cop showed up, she turned into sweet little granny, started crying, the cop called me an ass, and refused to even write up the claim.

P-51,Mar 14 2006, 10: Wrote:Similar thing happened to me.  I told the lady "You just hit me.  You are supposed to give me your info.  If you drive away, I'll have your plates, and then you'll be charged with hit and run.  Your call."

In the end, she demanded the police to show up.  She was like 70 years old, 4;8" tall, but she was the meanest bitch I've ever met in person to me.  Soon as the cop showed up, she turned into sweet little granny, started crying, the cop called me an ass, and refused to even write up the claim.
[right][snapback]174830[/snapback][/right]

haha, sorry but that is funny

you should of recorded her voice and played it for the cops
Paolo, did you tell the police that she was driving and not her father? Like someone said before she might had not had insurance or was a G1/G2 and the father was going to take the blame to help her out or something.
P-51,Mar 14 2006, 05: Wrote:....., but she was the meanest bitch I've ever met in person to me.  [right][snapback]174830[/snapback][/right]

Really? I though for sure you had met my ex at a meet or something, my bad I guess.
Damn, sounds like its not the first time that old lady pulled that routine.
Pages: 1 2