FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Canadian Tire Guy Is Finally s*** Canned.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
^^ cool now i have a shot at banging his wife.....SWEET
Phantom,Mar 10 2006, 09:20 PM Wrote:Ohh and just found this too
http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:i8triRy...mmercials&hl=en
haha
[right][snapback]174466[/snapback][/right]

would have been better satire had it been written by the onion.
:lol: When I worked at crappy tire, I dreaded hearing those commercials... I would honestly turn the volume down on the tv's when I passed them, oh about 500 times in a day... crappy tire does not have staff that give a damn, so when you have a guy or two that does give a damn, they (me) get stuck running allover the damn store to help customers, it's ridiculous!
euro_zx5,Mar 11 2006, 01:31 AM Wrote::lol: When I worked at crappy tire, I dreaded hearing those commercials... I would honestly turn the volume down on the tv's when I passed them, oh about 500 times in a day... crappy tire does not have staff that give a damn, so when you have a guy or two that does give a damn, they (me) get stuck running allover the damn store to help customers, it's ridiculous!
[right][snapback]174500[/snapback][/right]
Everytime I'm at crappy tire I turn those damn tv's off as I walk by. I hate that guy. It's like Ned flanders damnit someone needs to punch his ass out.
euro_zx5,Mar 11 2006, 02:31 AM Wrote::lol: When I worked at crappy tire, I dreaded hearing those commercials... I would honestly turn the volume down on the tv's when I passed them, oh about 500 times in a day... crappy tire does not have staff that give a damn, so when you have a guy or two that does give a damn, they (me) get stuck running allover the damn store to help customers, it's ridiculous!

Can you please transfer over to my local Canadian Tire I think I've met one person there that actually cares about the customer all the others are either out back having a smoke break or seem to be spontaneously deaf when I called them for help.

Laterz :)
K_OS,Mar 11 2006, 09:51 AM Wrote:
euro_zx5,Mar 11 2006, 02:31 AM Wrote::lol: When I worked at crappy tire, I dreaded hearing those commercials... I would honestly turn the volume down on the tv's when I passed them, oh about 500 times in a day... crappy tire does not have staff that give a damn, so when you have a guy or two that does give a damn, they (me) get stuck running allover the damn store to help customers, it's ridiculous!

Can you please transfer over to my local Canadian Tire I think I've met one person there that actually cares about the customer all the others are either out back having a smoke break or seem to be spontaneously deaf when I called them for help.

Laterz :)
[right][snapback]174505[/snapback][/right]

Frig no! I got out of there a while ago! But... I am looking for another part time job now, until I can get this apprenticeship on it's feet. :P
there is a CT in town that has a button at the end of the isle that you push to get someone to help you out.... it annouces it over the PA so just keep hitting it until someone decides to show up. But you'll never find anyone when you need them... go in just to browse and you'll get hounded future shop style
Let me tell you what I have learned since Aaron has been working at Canadain Tire as an apprentice.
Firstly, I have now figured out why they suck and have the reputation they suck in the public's eyes about auto service. Aaron has been treated like s*** the last 3-4 months by the head mechanic because the other apprentice will come into work, without pay, and work when he is in school on weekends for free. And the other apprentice knows half of what Aaron knows and has been in the apprentice program 1.5 years longer than Aaron.
It has now become expected that when Aaron is done his apprenticeship, he will move on. Even his colleges know that and have talked to him about it. How stupid. Why not try and hold onto the best mechanics and try to make their lives that much less miserable with good raises and incentives to stay.
But no, his boss is an ass. There are times I would like to go over there and give the head mechanic a piece of my mind. But the boy has to fight his own battles and learn to control himself.
This week he made me proud. He and the head mechanic were having a discussion/ argument about the charges on my truck as it was in for service. The past policy is that I pay cost on parts and no labour. Well there was a charge for labour and increased costs for parts on the bill. As has happened in the past, the head mechanic tells Aaron that if he doesn't like the situation, he can take it up with the store owner. He has not done so in the past because he doesn't want to be seen as the little squealer that runs off to management.
So this time he said to the guy, is that what you really suggest as my solution? He said yes. Aaron went upstairs and let the owner know everything that had happened over the last 3-4 months, I got my truck taken care of for free, and Aaron got a raise.
My point.
CT does nothing to promote those with knowledge and intelligence. They want the worst of the worst so they can run over them.
And Aaron already has a job offer to run a shop in Hamilton when his apprenticeship is over.
KMA CT!
I think it was a decent marketing campaign when it first came out, but it just got old. Thank god its finally gone tho, i don't think i could stand to here that guy try and sell me something else. Now talking about crappy tire itself, my biggest peeve with the store is the stupid people that try and get you to sign up for a credit card everytime you walk into the store. If i wanted a credit card i would ask for one.
nass,Mar 11 2006, 03:21 PM Wrote:there is a CT in town that has a button at the end of the isle that you push to get someone to help you out.... it annouces it over the PA so just keep hitting it until someone decides to show up. But you'll never find anyone when you need them... go in just to browse and you'll get hounded future shop style
[right][snapback]174522[/snapback][/right]

Oh my god... I remember those. A couple never worked and the store owner never had them replaced even though he knew damn well they were broken. And if we were with customers, apparently that button made a line of customers that thought they had first dibs on my assistance, regardless if I was with another customer or not. Rude ignorant pricks were the typical description of customers we got...