FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Well Its Been A While........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well its been a while. Count it 7 months since I have last posted an update on teh whip. There have been a lot of upgrades, a lot of parts added, some removed, and lots of dollars spent!

this is what it used to look like:

[Image: 36.jpg]

phew what a frickin disaster
Well, with a few parts removed, and some new ones added, such as:

F2 Ford Focus RS Carbon Fibre Wing:
[Image: 4.jpg]

Headlight Eyebrows:
[Image: 5.jpg]

aVs Tailight Covers:
[Image: 2.jpg]

'Focus' caliper Decals:
[Image: 1.jpg]

A European Grille:
[Image: 10.jpg]

Black Ford Decals:
[Image: 6.jpg]

And the mod I took 1 1/2 years to do, a Shorty Antenna:
[Image: 3.jpg]

It now looks like this:

[Image: 11.jpg]

[Image: 12.jpg]

[Image: 13.jpg]

[Image: 14.jpg]

What a frickin imporvement hey?

also upgraded, Rims: ALT Sonix 17x7 Wrapped in Nexen N3000 205/40/17

waiting to go in is: NOTHING! the exterior is 99% done, with waiting to be delivered is glossy pillars from a wrecked SVTF. after that I might consider getting the mirrors painted and thats final, the exterior will get no more love/hate for a very long time. Money will start being stretched too thin for me to do anything, so I might as well get everything out of the way right now!

Removed equipment = Cervinis top mounted wing (SOLD to a lucky buyer in Ottawa), and my Roush Hood Scoop (SOLD to a lucky buyer in Calgary) and oh yes, after 1 year and a half, I finally lowered it using FocusSport's H&R Sport Springs, and of course, I painted them:

[Image: 7.jpg]

I am actually hoping to be stepping into the elite crowd of F/I within the next few months, then I will have one bad ***** street car. definately one of the fastest in my city (and I know thats a queer thing to say) but my city, even though its the capital of the province, has no performance shops, no chasis dynos, no nothing, so high-po cars are rare, especially high-po compacts!

thanks for viewing!
suggestions / comments are appreciated

ps. the black paint is coming off the rims by April, for BC Dyno days!

~Lorne
The car looks alot better with the drop and the new wing. The new wing flows alot better with the lines of the car.

Looks waaay better now, and glad to hear your taking the black paint off the wheels. If your going FI, don't forget that you'll be needing a clutch & LSD to best handle and survive any boost you throw at it. Good luck!
SVT ZX3,Mar 11 2006, 01:10 AM Wrote:Looks waaay better now, and glad to hear your taking the black paint off the wheels. If your going FI, don't forget that you'll be needing a clutch & LSD to best handle and survive any boost you throw at it. Good luck!
[right][snapback]174452[/snapback][/right]

what clutch do you suggest? I wouldnt know anything about those and I might consider doing it a bit down the road with the new job I just got :)
I like the car but think that your licence plate all cut up looks choppy as hell,,,really looks like garbage~~~ why did you cut it??
Nice job with the front grille. I was wondering if you have pics of it with with the hood opened. I'd like to see how you managed to put them in place.
Lorne there is couple Dyno shop in the City and from my last trip at the Auto-cross track there are s*** loads of highly modded cars, that will make my plans of an AWD 300hp Focus look underpowered.... Zensport.ca in Vic is a performance shop.... Tuners mostly, but they have a new dyno and are equiped to do anything, talk to Chris or Rich.

By the way the car looks great. We should get togheter one of these days.

Alex
Thanks for the comments guys, I am starting to feel like im back on track.

Sept,Mar 11 2006, 02:01 AM Wrote:Nice job with the front grille. I was wondering if you have pics of it with with the hood opened. I'd like to see how you managed to put them in place.
[right][snapback]174463[/snapback][/right]

oh your meaning the ghetto turn signals? no you dont want to see how I put them in! I bought some $4 side reflectors and cut them apart, used popcicle sticks to form a oval shaped enclosure around it, then put duct tape all around it to make it stick, then I used about 5 zip ties with a hell of a lot of electrical tape and bacially taped it to the car. The passeneger side keeps falling and pissing me off, the zipties were some I found on the ground at work :P

It wasnt supposed to be pretty, obviously haha. I was considering buying the InPro Headlights but I consider them a luxury purchase and I really dont need them, I just want to get rid of those ugly ones in the grille!

Quote:I like the car but think that your licence plate all cut up looks choppy as hell,,,really looks like garbage~~~ why did you cut it??

I didnt actually cut it, I bent it with my vice, it would fit anywhere on the front grille and actually look good. I am taking it off sooner or later and moving it to the top of the grille, and balancing it out so it doesnt look so uneven and stupid!

Quote:Lorne there is couple Dyno shop in the City and from my last trip at the Auto-cross track there are s*** loads of highly modded cars, that will make my plans of an AWD 300hp Focus look underpowered....
Alex

yes I found all of those sites thank you. I still have my bloody N so I wouldnt be able to compete in any competitions until I take the Novice driver training with the victoria motorsports people. Until then!

Im going to come out sooner or later, not next weekend because i dont have the money to pay for the driving course right now B) but the next one I am going to for sure! Im not really interested in making my Focus uber powerful, just good enough to school mostly all of the cars in my class.

I think you could make the Focus a hell of a lot more powerful than 300hp awd. just throwing a PWSC puts it upwards to 250bhp, a couple more mods and your already pushing 280/290bhp.. with a built motor, higher compression, and a pw kit youll easily be over 350bhp, in a 4 cylinder.

my goal with my focus is to look at a stock pre-2005 Mustang GT, and laugh. Then when the posers try to race they get embarrassed by a Focus, thats my main goal haha
an update!

I am currently painting all of my bodykits grilles black so they match with the Euro grille I have,

here are some pics of phase1: sideskirts and side-gills

[Image: grille1.jpg]

[Image: grille2.jpg]

[Image: grille3.jpg]

phase 2 includes painting the front grilles black!
you're always nicely dressed in your pics haha

I thought you were selling that bumper?
nah not anymore. maybe I should take it out of 'for sale' eh?
Ha ha I think i liked it better with the cervini wing and hood scoop....

Made it look mean :angry:

But the black on black is lookin in good B)
here is my final update of the month,

[Image: black_grilles.jpg]

black grilles... MIKE JONES!
PerfectSaiyan,Mar 20 2006, 11:14 PM Wrote:here is my final update of the month,

[Image: black_grilles.jpg]

black grilles... MIKE JONES!
[right][snapback]176055[/snapback][/right]

Nice work !!!!
much much better.
Gorgeous car, I like the grills black better, they flow great.

Nice car, one of the best 'Canadian' ones I've seen to date....
PerfectSaiyan,Mar 11 2006, 10:09 PM Wrote:my goal with my focus is to look at a stock pre-2005 Mustang GT, and laugh.  Then when the posers try to race they get embarrassed by a Focus, thats my main goal haha
[right][snapback]174542[/snapback][/right]

Its a wonderful feeling.
:wub:
who???

MIKE JONES!!!!!
Flofocus,Mar 21 2006, 04:39 PM Wrote:
PerfectSaiyan,Mar 11 2006, 10:09 PM Wrote:my goal with my focus is to look at a stock pre-2005 Mustang GT, and laugh.  Then when the posers try to race they get embarrassed by a Focus, thats my main goal haha

Its a wonderful feeling.
[right][snapback]176166[/snapback][/right]

lol your my favourite
Flofocus,Mar 21 2006, 12:39 PM Wrote:

Its a wonderful feeling.
[right][snapback]176166[/snapback][/right]

I can't wait to have that feeling.
Pages: 1 2