FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Have Narrowed The Search Down To 2 Cars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This car will be a car that we will travel back and forth to work from our new location in Guelph. And yes, I do have to go to the States to get both cars.

The Milan, if you are unfamiliar with it. And the Milan would be used if I could find a decent one in about 12 months+ time.

[Image: milan.jpg]

[Image: milanrear.jpg]

And the Focus I am looking at......no pics at this time
I know it has been suggested many times to get the Competition Orange, but I can't seem to convince the wife of that. Maybe if she saw one in person.

****2003 Ford Focus SVT****
-26,xxx miles
-Pitch Black w/ European Appearance Pkg.
*Leather Recaro Seats
*Hella HID Headlamps
-Cold Weather Pkg(Heated seats/mirrors/block-warmer/TCS)
-ABS
-Driver and Passenger Airbags
-Dual Side Airbags
-Sunroof
-Audiophile w/ 6disc changer
-Original owner/Adult Driven

This car also has gotten a few bolt-on's as I came across them:
-Ford Racing Underdrive Pulley
-MSD Coil w/ Livewires
-Prothane Motor Mount Inserts
-Progress Technology 22mm Rear Sway Bar
-K&N Drop-in Filter(just cleaned)
-Mobil 1 @ 7500mi(changed every 3k)
-Rev Model X's(black) w/ Toyo Proxes 4's(5k on fronts, 2k on rears)
-Rev Model X Full size Spare w/ ContiSportContact(2k on tire)
-ST170 Eurogrill w/ European Hood Lock
-Shortened Shift Lever(-1.5")

I will also include some extra/stock parts that I have lying around:
-Factory Coil/Wires(3k on them)
-Factory Crank Pulley
-2 Qts Ford Tranny Fluid
-2 extra Proxes 4's(one w/ 50% and the other w/ 75%)

As for maintenance, I replaced all 4 Rotors & Pads(Mintex) with those from Batinc.net, the Mintex are more rotor-friendly, wheel-finish friendly and are more than aggressive enough for everyday driving. The car has never been Auto-x'd or Road-Raced, on occasion it has been driven with spirit, but has never been overly-abused. I also gave the car a 4-wheel alignment when the new tires were put on.
The car has the normal paint chips on the hood from small stones and whatnot from highway driving, there are no more that about 4-5 chips. There is also a small scuff on the left rear on the bumper cover where someone rubbed me pulling into a parking spot, it can be easily buffed out. Bodywork isn't one of my strong points so I left it alone.
As for the SVT-specific issues, the YRFO reflash was done about a year ago, what a difference. This car never had the battery-flicker, or stalling when coming to a stop with the RLA6. The issues it did fix were the dead spot between 3k-5krpm, mid-shift engine flare and the late intake manifold opening(now at about 5200rpm). The car also received the updated shifter base and cables from the dealer after a quick shift to fourth yielded a broken selector cable-end. All was replaced and has been fine since.
-I am looking to get about $13,000.
and yet, the search started off so strong with convertibles and whatnot...

The only problem with the Milan is any exterior/trim bits that are exclusive to it since the Milan isn't sold here. Do you have a line on those type of parts? Would the remaining warranty transfer from a US owner to a Canadian one?

The SVT is nice and looks from the description like it was babied, only thing that piqued my interested is how they specifically pointed out "adult driven" yet it has quite a number of bolt ons that are usually the domain of the "racer" crowd...

My vote? SVT, the Milan offers too many gotchas, as nice as it looks, what about convincing the wife on a Lincon Zephyr?

NefCanuck
Another thing that cought my eye is that the SVT owner said
Quote:There is also a small scuff on the left rear on the bumper cover where someone rubbed me pulling into a parking spot, it can be easily buffed out. Bodywork isn't one of my strong points so I left it alone.
But he did seem to have the ability to bolt on, or have someone bolt on a lot of performance goodies. Why couldn't he "BUFF OUT" a scuff on the bumper? Sounds like its more than cosmetic to me.

But if it was my money I would buy the SVT. It has the fun stuff already bolted on.
Personally i like the look of the Milan. And the fact that its only available in the states makes it that much rarer up here.
Steve. Where is my money better suited. A $100k sportscar or a bigger house that will grow further and make me very comfortable in the future. That's why no more luxury sports car.
Nef. You can get parts here for that car without issue.
The Lincoln, maybe.
Adult driven? Look at what I promote at my age for bolt ons with Aaron's car and I am "supposed" to be considered an adult.
But as habman said, we both like the idea of the rarity of this car in this area and the fact I can probably get one a year from now in the $20K US range.
I'd go SVT over the Milan. Zip over new styling for me in this case, especially when its a SVT.
I love the Milan... and if you already have a sweet Focus to boot around in, when your son allows it that is... the Milan should be the perfect choice!

Either car, I doubt you'd be disappointed Brian. It seems you doing your research.
It's spelt BrYan

Not the gay way Brian
meford4u,Mar 10 2006, 02:18 PM Wrote:Steve.  Where is my money better suited.  A $100k sportscar or a bigger house that will grow further and make me very comfortable in the future.  That's why no more luxury sports car.

I know, I'm just buggin'.
darkpuppet,Mar 10 2006, 02:55 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Mar 10 2006, 02:18 PM Wrote:Steve.  Where is my money better suited.  A $100k sportscar or a bigger house that will grow further and make me very comfortable in the future.  That's why no more luxury sports car.

I know, I'm just buggin'.
[right][snapback]174384[/snapback][/right]

Maybe in another 10 years when I reach Andrew's current age can I expect the flashy sports car. :lol:
meford4u,Mar 10 2006, 02:59 PM Wrote:Maybe in another 10 years when I reach Andrew's current age can I expect the flashy sports car. :lol:
[right][snapback]174385[/snapback][/right]

I'm younger than you brYan, not by much but the best part is I always will be too. :P

It's the simple things that bring one so much pleasure isn't it.

I'd get her the Milan just because it is different, in this country at least.
I know I am older than you in age, but you look older.........hahahahaha

I still say go with the Milan. The average person will never know that the Focus is a special edition euro edition. They'll just think its another focus. The Milan on the other hand will be almost totally unique in Canada. It would definately be an eye catcher.
are you seriously considering buying a mercury milan/ford fusion for USD $20k?

for a 4dr daily driver at that price point you can a IS300 5spd with very low miles. you could get a 330i with a bit higher miles, or an A4 for cheaper than both.. heck, get a new bodystyle toyota avalon..
Maybe he wants to stay in the Ford family, support the company he works for.
Well I voted for the EAP SVT, even though I think the Milan is a better decision. I wish I would have brought my SVT in from the US, instead of buying my Canadian spec one. At least then you get the HID lights factory and those sweet sweet Recaros, BUT if this is a car your commuting a good distance in the Merc may be a better choice, especially if your wife drives it frequently (It just seems more luxury and obviously is a bigger car with more space). As for the adult driven part of that ad, I don't see what everone is worried/skeptical about. I'm only 26, but I would advertise my car the same way and it has similar performance parts on it. Just because I've modified the car, doesn't mean I beat on it or race it all the time. Quite the opposite actually, I payed for the thing and so I take great care of it.
habmann,Mar 10 2006, 07:34 PM Wrote:Maybe he wants to stay in the Ford family, support the company he works for.
[right][snapback]174448[/snapback][/right]

exactly.

Naz. Cmon. Your a smart boy. What do you think would happen to the IS300 in the parking lot at Ford.

Think Again.
naz,Mar 10 2006, 07:31 PM Wrote:are you seriously considering buying a mercury milan/ford fusion for USD $20k?

for a 4dr daily driver at that price point you can a IS300 5spd with very low miles.  you could get a 330i with a bit higher miles, or an A4 for cheaper than both..  heck, get a new bodystyle toyota avalon..
[right][snapback]174446[/snapback][/right]

Avalon?! Bryan's not retiring! :lol:
meford4u,Mar 11 2006, 02:54 AM Wrote:
habmann,Mar 10 2006, 07:34 PM Wrote:Maybe he wants to stay in the Ford family, support the company he works for.
[right][snapback]174448[/snapback][/right]

exactly.

Naz. Cmon. Your a smart boy. What do you think would happen to the IS300 in the parking lot at Ford.

Think Again.
[right][snapback]174473[/snapback][/right]

ugh that sucks. get a v8 mustang then. all american y0
Pages: 1 2 3