FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Condo Living For Gearheads.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So freakin' cool...

Lofty Automotive Ideas

[Image: carloft1.jpg]

[Image: carloft_section.jpg]

[Image: 31b72bf903ddc096e0a8e461b875fbad_1.jpg]

[Image: 2og_1000587.jpg]

This is soooo sweet its not even funny! Amazing!

CarLoft Website
I like it, but I'll bet they don't let you wash/work on your car while its indoors :P

NefCanuck
Imagine the congestion first thing in the morning?

I think i'll pass.
Oscar The Grouch,Mar 10 2006, 09:54 AM Wrote:Imagine the congestion first thing in the morning?

I think i'll pass.
[right][snapback]174315[/snapback][/right]

I'm pretty sure when you have a condo like that and a Quattroporte on your balcony your not rushing off in the morning to punch in at any particular time.
2001 ZTS,Mar 10 2006, 10:57 AM Wrote:
Oscar The Grouch,Mar 10 2006, 09:54 AM Wrote:Imagine the congestion first thing in the morning?

I think i'll pass.

I'm pretty sure when you have a condo like that and a Quattroporte on your balcony your not rushing off in the morning to punch in at any particular time.
[right][snapback]174316[/snapback][/right]

I still hate heights. I'll stick to something a little closer to sea level thank you very much.
Oscar The Grouch,Mar 10 2006, 09:59 AM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Mar 10 2006, 10:57 AM Wrote:

I think i'll pass.

[right][snapback]174316[/snapback][/right]

I still hate heights. I'll stick to something a little closer to sea level thank you very much.
[right][snapback]174317[/snapback][/right]

There is a bottom level ya know! :P

I think that building looks incredible! Assuming the car is seperated from the house so there's no risk of gases entering the home, it's a gerat idea! I'd love to detail the car inside!

Car Loft: Pricing Wrote:The floor space including the aerial gardens and CarLoggias ranges in size from 224 sq m (2411 sq ft) to 539 sq m (5,802 sq ft) in the penthouse. Prices start at EUR 450,600 depending on size and fittings.

Car Loft: Questions Wrote:Exhaust fumes
Since the cars stand on open and roofed CarLoggias, exhaust fumes can quickly escape.

Elevator (CarLift)
The elevator will be supplied by renowned, internationally active lift manufacturers. It will include:
Automatic user recognition (access rights and the floor you live on) based on a transponder/transmitter
Pre-programming of departure times
A computer unit to calculate the costs of lift usage (electricity and maintenance)
A large elevator car fitted with lighting, mirrors and optical and acoustic signals to make driving in and out easier, all helping to dispel any nervousness residents may have

Fire risk
The fire risk presented by vehicles is negligible. Even if a fire breaks out, vehicles don't usually explode. Should a fire occur, the heat and smoke will quickly escape through the open CarLoggia. Each loft and its CarLoggia are separated by an F30 fire- resistant wall or glass. Smoke detectors and fire alarms will be installed.

Mobility guarantee
The mobility guarantee takes the form of insurance against additional costs in line with AMB 91 guidelines (General Conditions of Machine Insurance). Should the elevator not work, taxis and/or hired cars will be made available free of charge.

Sound insulation
According to the report compiled by Müller BBM, a Berlin-based firm of sound insulation consultants, engine and car-door noise remain within the legal limits for both day and night without the need for additional sound insulation work. The disturbance for residents matches that normally presented by local residents' vehicles out on the street.

Ecological issues
The CarLoft® approach means there's no need to build an underground car park beneath the courtyard or garden, which would completely seal the land surface. Instead, the rainwater is absorbed by the ground and can seep away naturally in the green, unsealed inner courtyard.
Man thats awesome. I'd love to live in a loft when i get out of school but the lack of garage space for my car was always an issue. But with this its like getting the best of a house without all the extra lawncare and other bs.
saw it on FJ. Going to see my builder Monday to pick out tile and brick colors.

You think I could get him to sqeeze this in? :)
habmann,Mar 10 2006, 11:00 AM Wrote:...the lack of garage space for my car was always an issue...
[right][snapback]174331[/snapback][/right]

Same here... good'ol classic Hamilton houses eh? :P
Now THAT is something I'd ditch living in a house for... if we had the need for something like that. Very cool.
WOW thats SWEET.

Only if someone in Canada would have the balls to build something like that. It even says that you can work on your car in the Carloggia.
Quote:The CarLoggia is the ideal place to protect and work on your car

Did you happen to look at the penthouse? OMG F'ing huge. If I had money.....Berlin here I come. LOL
euro_zx5,Mar 10 2006, 11:21 AM Wrote:
habmann,Mar 10 2006, 11:00 AM Wrote:...the lack of garage space for my car was always an issue...
[right][snapback]174331[/snapback][/right]

Same here... good'ol classic Hamilton houses eh? :P
[right][snapback]174338[/snapback][/right]

Absolutely, I was looking at the Chateau Royal downtown, but the lack of garage space would kill me. So guess i'll be looking for a house when i finish school, cuz i doubt we'd see something cool like this in hamilton.
wow now thats a really cool idea. Technology today hey.

I would love to do that, anyone up for building an apartment complex like that her? I will invest :P
way too hot!!
My question is:

What would i do with my other car(s)? I assume there is other conventional parking spaces for the off season vehicle(s).

Having the Maserati in the loft is one thing but the "winter beater"?
911 turbo have awd right? daily driver, track car, winter beater all on your balcony in 1 parking spot!