FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Leafs Lounge:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Leafs sign old goat Richardson...

WTF.

Yet the Canadians deal Theodore and Toronto was nowhere to be found???????

I wonder if the Bruins have any room on their fanwagon?

NefCanuck, slow the wagon down man....I want off!

--------------------------------------------------------------

The Toronto Maple Leafs have acquired defenceman Luke Richardson from Columbus for a fifth round pick and conditional fourth round pick.

Richardson, who was drafted by Toronto in 1987, spent the first four seasons of his career in Toronto before being traded to Edmonton in a seven-player deal in September 1991. The defenceman, who turns 37 later this month, signed with Philadelphia in July 1997 before inking a deal with Columbus prior to the 2002-03 season.

The Blue Jackets' captain this season, Richardson recorded one goal, six assists and 30 penalty minutes in 44 games. He missed 15 games after suffering a fractured jaw on December 21 but returned to action January 28.

"Luke Richardson is the consummate professional who brought tremendous class and leadership to our organization, both on and off the ice," Blue Jackets general manager Doug MacLean said. "After receiving a number of inquiries from teams, Luke and I talked about his future and tried to do what was best for him and his family moving forward. I have great respect for Luke and wish him all the best."

A native of Ottawa, Richardson has collected 33 goals, 153 assists and 1,955 penalty minutes in 1,291 career games.
A native of Ottawa, Richardson has collected 33 goals, 153 assists and 1,955 penalty minutes in 1,291 career games

i think even i could play better. wtf

and i heard klee got traded too.
meford4u,Mar 9 2006, 09:34 AM Wrote:A native of Ottawa, Richardson has collected 33 goals, 153 assists and 1,955 penalty minutes in 1,291 career games

i think even i could play better.  wtf

[right][snapback]174060[/snapback][/right]

Klee went unrestricted... we got nothing for him.

Cherkovszki (sp?) went to Boston for a young winger.
maybe Quin wants out, and they wouldn't let him retire.

Ken Klee

Sports Ticker
3/8/2006 9:15:50 PM
TORONTO (Ticker) - The New Jersey Devils are hoping general manager Lou Lamoriello has broken out of his slump.

After a number of unsuccessful offseason signings, Lamoriello on Wednesday acquired defenseman Ken Klee from the Toronto Maple Leafs for right wing Aleksander Suglobov.

Following the retirement of Scott Stevens and the departure of fellow defenseman Scott Niedermayer via free agency last summer, Lamoriello signed defensemen Vladimir Malakhov and Dan McGillis as well as high-scoring right wing Alexander Mogilny.

The moves did not pan out for the Devils as Malakhov retired after just 29 games, while McGillis and Mogilny both were placed on waivers before being assigned to the American Hockey League.

Klee brings some offense to New Jersey's blue line, having collected a career-high 29 points for Toronto in 2003-04. This season, the 34-year-old had three goals and 12 assists in 56 games.

A ninth-round pick of Washington in 1990, Klee has collected 50 goals and 155 points in 692 career games with the Capitals and Maple Leafs.

Suglobov, 24, was a second-round selection of the Devils in 2000. The Russian scored a goal in his only game with New Jersey this season while notching 25 tallies and 23 assists - both team highs - with Albany of the AHL.
WOW go leafs go, straight to the golf course...........lol
I saw those moves and I went WTF?

It's like Ferguson is just setting Quinn up to fail so Paul Maurice can take over when Quinn gets the shaft.

I mean Luke Richardson? That's like slapping one new sparkplug on a V8 engine while leaving the other seven old plugs in the block :ph34r:

Dunno what the new kid will do (Frightening to think that I can say "that kid" and actually mean it :P) but he's not gonna be of any use this year...

Man, I can almost see the Leafs that hang around Toronto in the off season calling to book April tee times at Angus Glen as we speak :angry:

NefCanuck
(Still on the bandwagon, til it crashes into the signpost :lol: )
Im just glad Montreal finally got rid of theo.
Flofocus,Mar 9 2006, 05:10 PM Wrote:Im just glad Montreal finally got rid of theo.
[right][snapback]174164[/snapback][/right]

^^^ That move may come back to bite them.... Just like getting rid of Roy did.
meh, I always thought he wasnt a #1 goalie. I watched him play since he was with the Hull Olympiques (10 minute drive from my old apartment), even then I was never impressed.

Id be watching the games and be like

"Why did montreal pick him?"
ANTHONYD,Mar 9 2006, 04:24 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Mar 9 2006, 05:10 PM Wrote:Im just glad Montreal finally got rid of theo.
[right][snapback]174164[/snapback][/right]

^^^ That move may come back to bite them.... Just like getting rid of Roy did.
[right][snapback]174171[/snapback][/right]

If Theo was actually a consistent goalie I would say it's Roy all over again. But Anthony, Theo is about as consistent as a weathervane. Why do you think they were riding Huet the past while?

No, Theo had worn out his welcome in Montreal, maybe a change of scenery will help, I kinda doubt it myself.

NefCanuck
meford4u,Mar 9 2006, 01:34 PM Wrote:A native of Ottawa, Richardson has collected 33 goals, 153 assists and 1,955 penalty minutes in 1,291 career games

i think even i could play better.  wtf

[right][snapback]174060[/snapback][/right]

33 goals in 1300games? holy s*** that's off the charts, I agree you could do better than that meford.

I think the leafs are just going to dump players to make some salary cap room for something big since there is no hope this season. At least we hope they have a plan?
might aswell bring larry murphy and todd gill back

its trades like this that make me really happy i'm not a leafs fan
Let's dig up Al Secord. Or Ric Vaive.
schade,Mar 9 2006, 05:50 PM Wrote:might aswell bring larry murphy and todd gill back

its trades like this that make me really happy i'm not a leafs fan
[right][snapback]174198[/snapback][/right]
Larry Murphy wouldn't come back for less than a Stanley Cup ring.

Last I checked he had to go to Detroit to get one.

:ph34r:
ANTHONYD,Mar 9 2006, 06:25 PM Wrote:Let's dig up Al Secord. Or Ric Vaive.
[right][snapback]174203[/snapback][/right]

Ed Olczyk is looking for work isn't he? :P

NefCanuck
Still looking to raid the old folks home eh fella's :D

Glad theo's gone, now we have a goaltending tandem to take us into the playoffs B)

02ztsian

Shoulda grabbed Khabibulin when he was available. Too bad nobody wants to play for the Leafs; most hated team in the league. Thanks, Darcy!