FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Video Production Contacts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No amatuers MUST be pros.

Next year is the 75th aniversary of the company I work for and I need contacts in the video production industry. It would be part retrospective part promotional video.

The core business is ships and there is lots of history to it. Some of our ships and employees were in WWII and not all came back.

Current business includes ships, ship building/repair/management, marine & industrial fuels, grain storage/handling, real estate and project management.

My feeling is it should be slick almost like a recruiting commercial like the military is using recently. A definate emphasis would be on the people who make up the company. There are lots of big clients to impress like: OPG, the CWB, Dofasco, Irving, Exxon,..........

I have a sample video from a rival company when they had their 100th anniversary, though good, the idea would obviously be to make a better one.

The company head office is in Toronto however "shoots" would also be required in:

-Saint John NB
-Trois Rivieres QU
-Hamilton
-St. Catharines/Welland Canal
-Thunder Bay
-Calgary
-Vancouver

It probably would include ride alongs on our ships but anyone going onboard MUST be Canadian Citizens or landed with multiple entry visa for the US and no criminal record.

It should probably be about 20-30 minute run time in the end. I would guess at least 2000 copies.

If you know a company doing this sort of work PM me and I'll give you my work contact info. I'm just building contacts right now and will put together a RFP/Q next month.
I spoke to our production company here....Unfortunately, because your company os not already a client, we can't do it. We apparently don;t freelance. (I wonder how I did the one off spots for the osteoporosis socety last year then :rolleyes:)
love to help ya out, I know a couple companies in Toronto that rent the equipment, but you'd still have to find operators (and I'm only one person)...

If you film in Thunder Bay, bring your own video equipment. The TV station in town is still using VTR.
http://www.bananacamera.com/

i know this guy and he is pretty good. He has done lot of pretty cool things recently. Let me know if you are interested and i will let him know.
mo_focus,Mar 9 2006, 07:32 PM Wrote:http://www.bananacamera.com/

i know this guy and he is pretty good. He has done lot of pretty cool things recently. Let me know if you are interested and i will let him know.
[right][snapback]174215[/snapback][/right]

That's the ticket, he's an excellent videographer. I'd let him shoot the whole damn thing. Good action and good interviews as well.

There have already been a few books and the video will also be part biography as well as retrospective and promotional.

The company is 100% private and the owner is a WW2 Navy vet in his 80's, has the Order of Canada (but never told anyone till we saw it on the news) and has already been featured in a NFB film and Paul Martin (ex Prime Minister) calls him SIR. He is a very TRUE humble gentleman, a HUGE philanthropist and total class all round. Though we in the company wish him well we also know, as he does, this will be part of an obit reel eventually but hopefully not for a long time.

I assume your friend Ken would know people in the industry to put the whole thing together?

PLEASE PM me so I can set up a showing for him of what the other company did and in the meanwhile I will show your link to the right people in my office.