FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Tires
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i looked around in focus canada and you guys seem to like falken tires
so i called a few tire distriburer in montreal.
for the fk-451 and the ze512 high, for 4 fk tires i have atotal of 602.73$ taxe in and for the ze i have 598.73$ taxes in
my question is: is it worted to take the ze-512 because they are supposed to last longer but how longer? because if they last like a few km more i will take the fk's

I have the 512's. If you plan on using these as an all season tire then stay far away from the 512's. I have little to NO traction with them and I am not even being sarcastic here, my balding firehawks were SO much better. They're an "OK" tire but not anywhere near the best in their price range. I don't know about the other tire you selected there so I can't say to pick one over the other.

512's for summer driving only tho!!
If you order from tiretrend I believe it only cost $85 per and GST only. My set of 512 lasted ~~60k km, good dry/wet traction, average in slushie(sp?) condition, ok in the snow(better than goodyr crap).
thank

but i will not drive does tires in snow
i have winter tires for that

i only want good sumer tires
If you already have dedicated snow tires, then I'd go full-blown summer performance tires.

Thing is, you need to figure out your maximum budget, as well as the type of driving you do. The treadwear rating is pretty useless now because the pro-rating is more of a hassle (usually due to numerous conditions and stipulations), and once you're half-worn on performance tires you're wanting something new anyhow.
yup I second what gapboy said... get actual summer tires and you'll stick to the road like s*** on a screen door.
azenis sport RT215... not sure why you'd bother with anything else if you are looking for an inexpensive summer tire. i used them over 10,000 mi and 4 autoX events and i still had i think 50-60% tread. i drove them through heavy rains as well. no problem if i went like 55-60mph only and tried my best to avoid standing water. i think you are evaluating on price and dry traction as your only criteria these are the way to go for sure
Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval....

Bridgestone Potenza RE 750...

Nuff said...
Take a look at the group buy post that I made.

A local performance shop is having a very decent sale on falken ziex 512s. I just picked up a set of 195/60R15 for $276 taxes in. You will not find a better deal than that. Not even on tiretrends or tire rack. Not even Talon Tire in Montreal.

So take a few hours out of your week, drive down to Ottawa, and enjoy.
All season tires will always outlast summer tires, and will always be quieter.

If you don't do any autocrossing/road racing, why are you bothering putting summer tires on your car? You'll be paying double for a tire that lasts half as long.

Buy the tire that suits YOUR needs.
getting a really good set of summer tires is the best bang for the buck mod for any car IMHO.. all season tires aren't great at anything, and aren't necessarily cheaper than pure summer tires
o.k. :huh:

i know that summer tires are better performers than 4 saison tires

what i whant to know is:if sum of you guys have fk-451 or the ze-512 and if they last at least 3 summers.

the falken ze-512 are supposed to last 30 000 miles or km but if the fk-451 last as long i will buy fk-451.

i drive about 10000km max per summer.

what is the minimum tred thinkness before i heve to change my tire, 3/32?

p.s. help me :( , i'm trying to proof to my girl friend that high performance tires are a good investment. :P
fastfocusgigi,Mar 10 2006, 07:43 PM Wrote:o.k.  :huh:

what i whant to know is:if sum of you guys have fk-451 or the ze-512 and if they last at least 3 summers.

the falken ze-512 are supposed to last 30 000 miles or km but if the fk-451 last as long i will buy fk-451.

p.s. help me :( , i'm trying to proof to my girl friend that high performance tires are a good investment. :P
[right][snapback]174460[/snapback][/right]
PUPPET PLZ FIX THE SPELL CHECKER AND MAKE IT AUTO CORRECT ON POSTING.

Sorry... /End Rant.
Phantom,Mar 10 2006, 06:47 PM Wrote:

Sorry... /End Rant.
[right][snapback]174461[/snapback][/right]

sorry i'm not that good in english but at least i'm trying
si tu es trops trou du cul pour répondre à mes questions trouve les erreures dans ceci..............
fastfocusgigi,Mar 10 2006, 08:22 PM Wrote:

Sorry... /End Rant.

si tu es trops trou du cul pour répondre à mes questions trouve les erreures dans ceci..............
[right][snapback]174467[/snapback][/right]
Sorry I wasn't trying to be an asshole. I was just pointing out to DP the need for spellchecker again. But yah thanks anyways :D
Hey mc frenchie...your super clever...

:rolleyes:
Phantom,Mar 10 2006, 07:47 PM Wrote:
fastfocusgigi,Mar 10 2006, 08:22 PM Wrote:

Sorry... /End Rant.

[right][snapback]174467[/snapback][/right]
Sorry I wasn't trying to be an asshole. I was just pointing out to DP the need for spellchecker again. But yah thanks anyways :D
[right][snapback]174471[/snapback][/right]

stop being sorry and answer my question about tires :lol:
Get summer tires Screw all seasons. Done and Done.
yes those falken tires you mentioned will last 30000km

i still think you should get azenis sports :)
:P Il y a pas d'erreur dans ta phrase, bravo! :P I have the Ze512 and they worked great, but I miss my toyo's. My next set will be toyo T1R. They're about the same price as the falkens, but ther're sticky B)
Pages: 1 2