FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Spin Off From The Usb Post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No need to actually say if you are running legal vs non legal, Just be interesting to see some results here. Btw Legal can be the oem bs, store bought etc. Non Legal well we all know the ways.
Well... all my os's are legal. Mostly oem copies.

With all the crap i'd have to keep up with to ensure all the updates are installed and work properly, the only way to go (easily) is with legit copies. XP gives me few issues, so I think they're worth the money, sory of.

(might wanna re-create the poll... :P EDIT: Ahh thats better :lol: )
nevermind.
Yah I saw the damn thing messed up so I messaged hardkore to fix it for me, for some reason edit doesn't allow u to change the poll options(Fix that DP) Thanks Hardkore u da man.
Though I have a Burned windows installation Disc that I made myself(I slipstreamed sp's 1 & 2 onto one disk for easier clean installation on multiple PCs), my licence key is a legit VL. I also running legit copy of norton corporate AV, as well as a legit corporate copy of office fully registeredcenced/up todate.

those of you who dont have legit windows copies, your putting your computer at risk, because you will NOT get all the latest security updates nor service packs either.
paolo,Mar 6 2006, 11:27 PM Wrote:Though I have a Burned windows installation Disc that I made myself(I slipstreamed sp's 1 & 2 onto one disk for easier clean installation on multiple PCs), my licence key is a legit VL.  I also running legit copy of norton corporate AV, as well as a legit corporate copy of office fully registeredcenced/up todate.

those of you who dont have legit windows copies, your putting your computer at risk, because you will NOT get all the latest security updates nor service packs either.
[right][snapback]173652[/snapback][/right]

Same, one copy of Student Teacher Edition and one Standard copy. I couldn't live without Word and the like installed.
After using less than legal copies of XP and running into all the probs when i built my current computer 3 yrs ago i just bought the OS. Made things soo much easier.
Of course I use a legal copy.... Its just of the "il" variety currently :) I do own a legal copy, but have yet to install it. My system is running better than it ever has before and I'm not going to screw it up by installing something that requires me to call MS everytime I do something to my computer.... Forget that noise... So who wants to buy a retail version of XP pro? :)
Copied. Still get all the windows updates though.. ;) .
my version was legal at one point in time to somebody .. so i'll say legit ;)
I have legit because I can afford it. I mean, you buy a computer, it adds only $160 to the price, which isn't bad. So you put off the videogames for a couple of months.

But that being said, I have pirated my fair share of software in the past. Anything I couldn't afford at the time... so venders weren't going to make money off of me.

And besides, I don't know how autodesk, corel, borland, microsoft, and Alias expect an adult to pay for all their software, never mind a poor teenager.
Where's me copy of that pic of "WINXP Pirate Edition"? Arrrr.
A personal favorite of mine:

[Image: xp.jpg]
:lol: Nice!
Legit. I mean hell I paid nearly $3K for the PC as it was back in '03. You think I was gonna risk it on a warm copy of the OS?

Frag that noise :lol:

Only thing I did was buy the Pro version of the XP OS. Saved me more than a few hassles and it'll have support & patches from M$ long after the "Home" edition gets left in the dust (In fact by the time they mothball XP Pro support I'll be ready to upgrade/replace my PC to run the Vista "Pro" equivalent)

Other software? Legit, too much of the stuff "phones home" now to play around with (Okay, my copy of Office '03 is the "Student/Teacher Edition" but they sell it in Costco for crying out loud, M$ ain't being that picky).

Years ago? Oh hell no, my software was so warm I'm surprised those old PC's never caught fire :rofl:

NefCanuck
Like i said above, I own a legit copy of XP. But like DP i have many warm copies of the more expensive softwares suites out there. I could never afford to buy Autocad, or Mathlab to name a few. So as a poor student I say let the corporations that can afford to pay for that software pay, and me, well i'm just trying to get an education so thats how i justify it to myself.
If it didn't cost as much as it does I would buy legit for sure. I just can't justify spending $160+ on an OS that for the most part causes you grief. With that being said I have used legit copies but they came with my PC and I didn't pay extra for it. Does that make us bad people? yes it probably does but then again MS makes their money from big companies and not the lil guy. When is the last time MS went after joe blow for his illegal copy of windows? :)
nass,Mar 7 2006, 04:13 PM Wrote:If it didn't cost as much as it does I would buy legit for sure. I just can't justify spending $160+ on an OS that for the most part causes you grief. With that being said I have used legit copies but they came with my PC and I didn't pay extra for it. Does that make us bad people? yes it probably does but then again MS makes their money from big companies and not the lil guy. When is the last time MS went after joe blow for his illegal copy of windows? :)
[right][snapback]173771[/snapback][/right]
Never to my understanding. Can't get blood from a stone. Can't afford to buy a legit copy of windows xp think he's gonna have the money for a lawsuit. :lol: