FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Gauge Conversions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since I'm more than likely moving up to the great white north.. when I need to get my car fitted with kph stuff, does anyone know what that entails? can I just flick a switch, and voila, my odometer switches to kms? I looked around but didn't find anything, short of buying a new gauge cluster and having a dealership tweak the kilometerage.

Not concerned about the speedo part, I can read the inside ring fine.

Be pretty spiffy if it were like the thermostat in the house... switches from Fahrenheit to Celcius just by moving a jumper.
Don't worry about it. Aaron's car is in mph and he just does the conversion automatically.

It's not necessary for bringing your car into Canada.
Well I know that if you press and hold down the trip reset button, on the guages it will give you a km/h digital reading, but I'm not sure if it will stay on when you turn the car off. hmm I will check
laidman,Mar 6 2006, 11:39 PM Wrote:Well I know that if you press and hold down the trip reset button, on the guages it will give you a km/h digital reading, but I'm not sure if it will stay on when you turn the car off.  hmm I will check
[right][snapback]173592[/snapback][/right]

nope it'll reset when you switch the ignition off.
if you really have to do that, you can go to the auto wreckers and purcahse a used gauge for about 120 to 150 and replace that. It will take about 10 min to do.
Why not just buy a set of speedhut gauges and have the numbers made in KPH. The gauge sweet is the same whether its KPH or MPH. The mileage will still be in miles but atleast the speed will be fixed.
just read the smaller letters instead of reading the larger ones on your speedo!
PerfectSaiyan,Mar 6 2006, 09:48 PM Wrote:just read the smaller letters instead of reading the larger ones on your speedo!
[right][snapback]173622[/snapback][/right]

Exactly, it's why we have the two sets there.
You totally missed my point.. heh

I'm concerned about the odometer part. If it is required or not.

I said I'd be happy reading the inside ring :)
torradan,Mar 7 2006, 06:44 AM Wrote:You totally missed my point.. heh

I'm concerned about the odometer part.  If it is required or not.

[right][snapback]173674[/snapback][/right]

not
i got the point
meford4u,Mar 7 2006, 09:00 AM Wrote:
torradan,Mar 7 2006, 06:44 AM Wrote:You totally missed my point.. heh

I'm concerned about the odometer part.  If it is required or not.

[right][snapback]173674[/snapback][/right]

not
i got the point
[right][snapback]173680[/snapback][/right]

I know YOU got it! heh...

the ones who said to read the inside :P heh
Just take a piece of tap and write x1.6 on it and put it beside the odometer. It'll be sorta like the tach where its got x 1000.

So there ya go, free miles to kilometer conversion. :P