FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ford Focus Vs Toyota Sienna
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So yesterday on my way home i got hit by a women coming out of a parking lot. I was just driving on the street and i guess she didnt even look at my way. She was busy looking at the other side.

She hits the front of my car and the rest, i guess you can see in the pics.

After the hit i get out of the car and see the damage on my car and see the damage on her car, She couldn't even drive her car anywhere. I felt sorry for her and started helping her.

First i told her i can yank the bumper off and that way she can just drive home and let the husband deal with it. But then i decided to try to put the bumper back on and went in my car and grap my duct tape and taped the bumper back on for her. She was realy impressed. She had never seen a guy get hit by someone and then get out and help her. sort of funny i guess

So anyways i guess i have to change the side marker light, and the inner fender sheild is broken as well. As for her car well i guess new front bumper. She was at fault, but she wants me to go thru insurance. What do you guys think?

I told her you should just get both cars fixed yourself that way you are not going to let insurance know. So she is thinking about that.

[Image: eff859a5.jpg]

[Image: eff85967.jpg]

[Image: eff859d0.jpg]
As long as she is at fault, remember you only got 24h to report it. She is stupid to want to go through insurance if she is at fault.

btw: I think I got a spare orange side marker if you want it.
Ouch, I knew minivans had weak bumpers but lord that's just pathetic... and this is from a guy who had a Taurus whose bumper grenaded when it was hit by a woman who cut a left too sharply in front of him while he was standing still...

Points to Ford though, 'cause that Focus bumper stood up and took it..

If she wants you to go through insurance, I find that odd, unless she's planning to try and paint you as the at fault party...

NefCanuck
Wow. She really got most of the hit there. I think its the law if you get in an accident that produces more than 1000.00 in damage, it has to be reported to the police.

Maybe she is one of those people who is an absolute law abiding citizen or works for an insurance company. Maybe its a company provided vehicle or something too.
I hate to say this, but helping her out is good, trying to give her a break is bad. Report it, go through the cops and insurance.
Damn... that is an unusual outcome. Glad to see your car is fine (basically).

I dunno, reporting it might kill both of ya on insurance, and if she's willing to pay for it... I wouldn't bother.
I got bumped a few weeks ago in the Justy.

I got out and laughed.

Chick driver to. :rolleyes:
just looking at the photos it looks like all she did was pop the bumper off all the clips, and did minor damage to her van. If anything it's just a matter of getting new clips for her bumper and it's fixed, provided she diden't shear them all off.

as for your focus, I have to say wow it held up well.

Oh, and Totoya charges $650 to order and paint a bumper, but it looks like her bumper is just the gray ABS plastic, so really this ammount of damage is all under $1000 to both your car and hers.
Flofocus,Mar 3 2006, 01:36 PM Wrote:I got bumped a few weeks ago in the Justy.

I got out and laughed.

Chick driver to.  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]173240[/snapback][/right]

1. Is the Justy okay? :o

2. Was she hot? ;)
I would go through insurance you're not at fault so your premiums won't get touched... youo have nothing to lose.

how fast were you going?
Oscar The Grouch,Mar 3 2006, 03:29 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Mar 3 2006, 01:36 PM Wrote:I got bumped a few weeks ago in the Justy.

I got out and laughed.

Chick driver to.  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]173240[/snapback][/right]

1. Is the Justy okay? :o

2. Was she hot? ;)
[right][snapback]173267[/snapback][/right]

Justy is fine....well other than a cracked rear bumper....nothing a little bondo love wont solve. :lol:

Was she hot? Fawk no.