FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Dpfe Again! And Somehting Else
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
jsut got my car back from the dealer, and big surprise, my DPFE is shot again. they fixed it maybe 6 months ago. they are gonna cover that on the part's warranty.
the other part that is messed is the EGR Vaccum pressure sensor (or something like that). and its gonna cost me $160 to fix.

my question is, can i eliminate my egr system and what does it take? what are the ramifications if i dont have an egr system wiht respect to Emmision testing?
you can do it with a block-off plate I believe... and if you have SCT or a custom tune, you could get it disabled.

emissions wise, you'll see an increase in NOX emissions .
darkpuppet,Mar 2 2006, 05:20 PM Wrote:you can do it with a block-off plate I believe... and if you have SCT or a custom tune, you could get it disabled.

[right][snapback]173095[/snapback][/right]
emissions wise, will i fail? (i doubt) currently there is no cat anyway.

blockoff plate where the exhaust gasses go back into the intake im assuming? then plug the bung on the manifold?
then cap all the vaccum lines that are related to the egr system?

is the chip required to fully eliminate it without throwing codes?

has anybody done this? turbo guys(FLo)??
ZX5focused,Mar 2 2006, 10:30 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Mar 2 2006, 05:20 PM Wrote:you can do it with a block-off plate I believe... and if you have SCT or a custom tune, you could get it disabled.

[right][snapback]173095[/snapback][/right]
emissions wise, will i fail? (i doubt) currently there is no cat anyway.

blockoff plate where the exhaust gasses go back into the intake im assuming? then plug the bung on the manifold?
then cap all the vaccum lines that are related to the egr system?

is the chip required to fully eliminate it without throwing codes?

has anybody done this? turbo guys(FLo)??
[right][snapback]173100[/snapback][/right]

yeah the custom tune will disable it and you won't have a CEL. This is a perfect excuse to get a chip/flasher. You can find one used for a fair price I got my Xcal2 for 250us shipped to my door.

Also you can delete the rear o2 while you're at it unless you have an MIL already.
nass,Mar 2 2006, 05:33 PM Wrote:yeah the custom tune will disable it and you won't have a CEL. This is a perfect excuse to get a chip/flasher. You can find one used for a fair price I got my Xcal2 for 250us shipped to my door.

Also you can delete the rear o2 while you're at it unless you have an MIL already.
[right][snapback]173102[/snapback][/right]
im running the MIL right now, but how much would this plate be or would i have to get someone to make it?

theres one forslae on FJ right now .. like $15 ... have a look at the pics of it ... there Very simple to make
schade,Mar 2 2006, 06:22 PM Wrote:theres one forslae on FJ right now .. like $15 ... have a look at the pics of it ... there Very simple to make
[right][snapback]173113[/snapback][/right]
ya i saw that
its just getting a chip now.

will i fail the visual emissions part of the test if i delet it?
Tom disabled the EGR with the chip....

Now my question is, the egr "system" is still there. Should I make a block off plate anyways, or is it really, really, really disabled? :lol: <_<
Flofocus,Mar 3 2006, 05:39 PM Wrote:Tom disabled the EGR with the chip....

Now my question is, the egr "system" is still there.  Should I make a block off plate anyways, or is it really, really, really disabled?  :lol:  <_<
[right][snapback]173241[/snapback][/right]

put your faith in the chip my son.... simple question is, do you have a stumble? or is that just caused by the dpfe?