FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Bloody Cavalier Drivers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't believe it I just went to crappy tire to the parts to fix the front end links and this morron in a Cavalier drove into the back of my car.
I didn't see him do it but when I came out he was standing there waiting for me. He told me he was sorry and that his girlfriend was going to kill hime beacuse he smashed up her "baby". Screw her I wanted to kill him.
He then asked me if I was going to call the cops. he didn't want this on his driving record....he's only 17 and just got his G2 before Christmas.....oh boohoohoo.
I told him it is 50/50 in a parking lot and he should worry about his insurance more than anything else. Then I realized that if I went trough insurances that mine would go up too. and I am paying a pretty good price now(200/mth)
So needless to say I had to tell him not to worry about it and got in my car and left.
Now I got this huge white scuffs deep in to the paint of my bumper.

GOD I HATE STUPID DRIVERS!!!!!!!!
At leats he stayed dood. Not many would have done the same.
wow what a moron.

why would is be 50/50 in a parking lot? if your parked properly, and some guy htis you, shouldnt it be 100% his fault? at any rate you should have told him to cut you a cheque right there and then for $300 to repaint the bumper, or you would call the cops on him.

whats done is done, have you tried to buff that s*** out?

Quote:At leats he stayed dood. Not many would have done the same.

people probably saw him do it, thats why he didnt do it. 3 months ago this happened to me, but I needed a new rear suspension and paint and new rear bumper. he tried to run but a good samaritan heard my car alarm going nuts after a huge smashing sound and looked through his window and got his license plate number.

he is currently serving 3 months in jail for hit and run.
its only 50/50 if you were both moving and cant prove who was at fault.
if one vehicle was stationary, its the driver who hit its fault.
should have told him to give you a few hundred bucks and call it even.
or atleast get the plates off the car and exchange info. You could have gotten a few hundred from the kid just by scaring him saying you'd call the cops, even though they'd just tell you to goto the reporting center anyways.

post pics of the bumper, it might just " buff right out " :D
I would have at least got his info, name, phone, insurance etc. Go to get the repair quote and have him pay for it.
ZX5focused,Mar 2 2006, 05:11 PM Wrote:its only 50/50 if you were both moving and cant prove who was at fault.
if one vehicle was stationary, its the driver who hit its fault.
[right][snapback]173090[/snapback][/right]
This is accurate. A couple years ago I had some idiotstick in a minivan back up into my Ranger in a parking lot, he tried to bolt but someone got the license number - he realized it and came to the police station just as I was filling out the paperwork. He had to pony up the $700 to fix my truck or the cop was going to charge him for leaving the scene.
this is why insurance companies need to educate their customers more.
well what kind of focus do you have? if you don't want to go thru insurance you can always replace your bumper with another one, for like a $100~200 if it matches your car's colour and depending on where you get it from.

I'll be selling my rear sedan bumper come late aug. although it's yellow.
PerfectSaiyan,Mar 2 2006, 04:08 PM Wrote:he is currently serving 3 months in jail for hit and run.
[right][snapback]173089[/snapback][/right]

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH.....whatta suckah....

Good, maybe he'll get a few of his own hits in the rear while in Jail...BWHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Ohh... I took his plate down before I left. I thought is was 50/50 in a private parking lot at any time (good to know) I took it in this more to get an estimate on the repairs. I have a burgendy red 01 4dr 5speed. If the damages are too mush I might take you up on your offer of the bumper for a few or more $$$$$

UPDATE: The body shop phoned and told me how much....It will cost $1173 :o
Should have definitely scared the kid about reporting the accident until he agreed to pay you cash for any repairs to your car. I dont know how good it would look to report the accident a day or two after it happened though..
I backed into someones old Cavalier once in my Moms Van. Totally my fault. I left info at the Tim Hortons I was parked at, drove the van home (1 km down the road). Hopped on my bike, road back and talked to the guy saying I had done it. He didn't really care except the passenger door wouldn't open. So he said he'd get it checked out, I gave him my info. Cost me $300.

We all make mistakes, I did that at 18 with my G2. I can't really blame him, and atleast he stayed as mentioned above. I could have easily left at the Timmies and no one would have said anything. No one even noticed I hit his car.

Anyway you should have got his info.
I got hit in a timmies, but I was driving a rusty b2000. It was parked and someone came in and asked who owned the vehicle, because it had been hit. Who ever hit it just took off. I feel bad for them, apparently it was a bimmer left lots of paint on my bumper. The paint off the car covered up some rust on the truck, so I couldn't really complain.