FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Opinions Needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
ok so car goes in for new paint in the next week or 2

i'm goin' 2 tone more than likely....love it or hate it

my colour scheme, i'm thinkin' is going to be black on bottom, cream on top, with a red stripe dividing [about 1/4" to 1/2"] (see my cheesy photoshop below)

couple dilemmas.... by chance, while lookin at pics yesterday (on hte same site that i posted the crazy euro focus) i saw almost my exact scheme!!!! but opposite with no red strip.....guy has similar wheels too!!!! arghhh....just when you think you are original (i've been planning this all winter).....oh well...at least he is in europe.

yay or nay....and why i know 2 tone isn't for everyone...but i'm not doing it for everyone...

what other colours would you choose instead? and another ...more important question....why does almost everyone put the dark colour on top????? I thought it would be a good mix....but it's like 80/20 ...weird

anyhow...pics below

[Image: yes.jpg]

[Image: no.jpg]
I wouldn't go cream.
It kinda reminds me of a Grand Marque sp? (an old one)

2 tone is cool...just not the cream.

Maybe if you left the hood black.
I like the second photo better than the 1st one.

But those' wheels.....yucky :blink:
You like the second one cause that's how good it'll actaully look. The first is a photochop. :P I like the second pic better too... he's just trying to show the red strip he is gonna have put on to divide the two halves.

I like the idea! I've always wanted a pearl type of paint... and can appreciate the uniqueness of having them on a Focus! Can't wait to see the final outcome!
The 1st 1 is phtotoshopped???? No way!! :P
I'd opt for red/silver for some reason on a Dub.

That cream/brown scrreams "Teutonic s***stain" to me :D
If you want to do something cool along the lines of silver/creme on the top, you might want to consider the colour we have on the freestar. It is one of those luminescent?? paints that change from a metallic creme to silver to even a silver frost green depending on the light. That with your black bottom would look great.
Unfortunately, I can't really show you the colour as it only comes on the Mercury product and the pic on the US site is not where close to what it really looks like. If your really interested I might be able to find the colour at work and bring home a sample.
Hey anthony... are those Porsche 928 wheels?

the second pic looks pretty good...

yea...see....I"m old skool ....that's why i like, and favour the cream. I'm staying away from anything metallic, and luminesent to keep the costs down. not to mention i like the simplicity of "normal" paint. I also wanted to stay away from "safe bets" ie: black/silver, black/blue, black/red. I want to keep black as a colour since the car is originally black

It's hard to really "see" what the chopped version would really be like....since the bottom one is a real car.. ...yea know
scoobasteve,Feb 28 2006, 10:28 AM Wrote:Hey anthony... are those Porsche 928 wheels?

the second pic looks pretty good...
[right][snapback]172617[/snapback][/right]

yup 928's ...good eye!
I actually like the first chopped pic better. The red line really stands out in a good way. I'm not too keen on the cream but it doesn't look bad at all. If I was going 2-tone, I would do black on bottom then fade to a nice dark grey. No stripe. However, I do really like the chopped pic.
I'd go dolphin grey on the top with the red stripe... and that's about it, 'safe bet' or not.
If it were closer to white it would look pretty good I think.. Or if you pick that sickly yellow-split-pea-green that BMW used and it might look good.
darkpuppet,Feb 28 2006, 02:04 PM Wrote:If it were closer to white it would look pretty good I think..  Or if you pick that sickly yellow-split-pea-green that BMW used and it might look good.
[right][snapback]172660[/snapback][/right]
sounds appealing to me......
or flatblack top, shiny black bottom

do it the otherway around, and it'll look like a dress shoe
yea the black/grey thing has been done MANY times in the VW world...it does look good though...but too common por moi.

Puppet.....gotta pic of that split pea colour you are talking about?

anyone else have comments/suggestions/opinions?
i like the combo you have going with the cream/black .. but making the cream alittle darker to help it blend with the black a bit

the photochop doesn't do it justice cuz it just looks like its blobbed on there, but the end result should look just fine
I have to admit the cream would be ok, so long as it's darker then that in both photos, I'll admit the cream colour is a bit retro as the first MK1 Golfs GTI's in Canada came with that as a colour option for them, lol my parents had one it was nice cream colour with the Dark brown leather seats in with all the black in the interior.
I say do it like you plan, but ditch the red stripe.

Then it'll look like a giant Guinness!

Focused,Feb 28 2006, 08:03 PM Wrote:yea the black/grey thing has been done MANY times in the VW world...it does look good though...but too common por moi. 

Puppet.....gotta pic of that split pea colour you are talking about?

anyone else have comments/suggestions/opinions?
[right][snapback]172763[/snapback][/right]

did a quick lookup on BMW colors.

There was an experimental colour they almost ran [Image: 445_ex.jpg]

and they had the pistacchio green that changed a bit between model yers..

which you can see here

I would go for the yellower of the color (2001-2002)
Pages: 1 2 3