FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ice Dice Racing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sunday Feb 26 QCMA.org held an ice racing event at Oyama regional lake 33miles east of Regina. I wanted to go check it out wasn't planning on racing due to my crappy all seasons. But I did get to get a couple rids in other peoples cars and it is damn fun. Basically one car at a time around the track, then another lap, then into the "Garage" to finish all against the clock. Fastest time wins. They each have 3 races to score the best time. And of course different classes, based on tires and car mods. Here's some pics from the event.
The pictures are just of the "parade" around the ice before hand. Pictures aren't all that great was only using an 18-55 lens, didn't have the tripod there, for a big zoom, and it was damn cold outside with wind blowing. So hence crappier pics :D
[Image: 1.jpg]

[Image: 2.jpg]

[Image: 3.jpg]

[Image: 4.jpg]

[Image: 5.jpg]

[Image: 6.jpg]

[Image: 7.jpg]

[Image: 8.jpg]

[Image: 9.jpg]
Yeah... we wouldn't perform too well with the P6's eh. :lol:

It looks like a pretty cool event though! I'd be interested.
only in saskatchewan is there a wheat field next to a lake instead of cottages!!!!
yeah they had that in saskatoon not to long ago, but to enter you had to have a full roll cage....BOOO!
Yup you said it, ONLY IN SASKATCHEWAN.....

About the only way you'll get even close to 'drifing' in a focus anyway, damn smart hutterites!!!
Nice I would love to go ice racing again but I don't have a ride right now. When I use to ice race up in Minden I used a '86 Perlude with Michelin Ice tires and it did pretty well, one day after all the racing was done I took my ZX3 with just the crappy Goodyear all seasons and the Focus was actually a tad faster than the Perlude. Man that looks like fun, nice shots too.

Laterz :)
i looked up ice racing when i had the super beater 4WD subaru loyale wagon.. there wsa a lot of safety equip needed.. like cage etcetc.. is that the same there?
naz,Mar 5 2006, 07:17 PM Wrote:i looked up ice racing when i had the super beater 4WD subaru loyale wagon.. there wsa a lot of safety equip needed.. like cage etcetc.. is that the same there?
[right][snapback]173459[/snapback][/right]
Nope only safety equipment required is a Snell(I think) approved helmet. They have insurance on the events for dmg to property so you pay like 20$ non member price for the event and then u race. Also u sign a waiver.
naz,Mar 5 2006, 08:17 PM Wrote:i looked up ice racing when i had the super beater 4WD subaru loyale wagon.. there wsa a lot of safety equip needed.. like cage etcetc.. is that the same there?
[right][snapback]173459[/snapback][/right]

The only thing that was needed up in Minden was a helmet and we had to make sure that the headlights and were removed.

Laterz :)