FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Offer Accepted On New House
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not like some people think here, but I do spend my money on other stuff than a Turbo Ford Focus. :rolleyes: I love how people think they know you!! BAHAHAHAHA :lol:

So, after saving for a freakin long time, I 've built up the courage to get a mortgage and get off my lazy ass and find a house.

I looked at a total of 12 houses.....This house was the 3rd and I couldnt stop thinking about it. There was another house with 1.5 acres, all landscaping done, 2 car garage, but it was about 15 minutes further away than this one and it was in the middle of no where....no corner stores, no movie places, no Tim's, nothing!! Needed a LOT of work inside the house.... And Since this is my 1st home, I want to make some cash on it, so re-sell was a huge factor, and with it located out there, didnt seem good for resell.

So I settled for the 3rd house I saw.....I saw the fully built model home. Mine isn't built yet.

The MLS# is 619842
http://www.mls.ca/PropertyDetails.aspx?P...ID=4183085

I'm really happy. Getting some sort of control in my life again now. Feels great, and can't wait to use that garage!! Build date is April 1st, but the closing date is June 6th so I doubt the builder is going to have it ready for April 1st.

I did pick some upgrades that pushed the cost closer to 200K, still a weeeeee bit under that 200K mark, which worked well, because at this price, I can STILL 'waste' (as some would say) on my hobbies, enjoy the current life style I have and not be living for my house.

so so so happy :D :lol: :D :D
Congrats Nate!!!

When's the BBQ?

:lol:
There will be one, thats guaranteed. As soon as I get the deck done to the walk out basement B)
congrats man!
Congrats :)
you should make them build your garage so you can drive into your basement .. i've seen one house like that so far and its simply amazing

congrats though
Congrats!!!! I get the keys to my first house tomorow!!

PARTY :D :D :D
schade,Feb 27 2006, 07:52 PM Wrote:you should make them build your garage so you can drive into your basement .. i've seen one house like that so far and its simply amazing

congrats though
[right][snapback]172479[/snapback][/right]

that would be very cool, but the foundation is already poored so I dont think I have those kind of options anyways....

I'm just glad I got a house with a garage and a backyard.....any closer to the city I was looking at a townhome with garage and no backyard. FOOK DAT!!! :lol:
Congrats Nate.

Where is it located?
Well done.

Looks like there is going to be a house warming circuit of socials stretching from Ottawa to Niagara.

I'm in.
Congrats on the new house!!!!
what a dump

but good for you jack.

you have to know I might be kidding.

can I be the first to put a fist through your walls?

Rage against the machine!
Congrats on being a home owner. :) I took the plunge last year, and don't regret it one bit. Once you work out what you pay on rent and what not, it's always roughly the same or cheaper in the long run. I justified it as good financial sense.

Now, just for the bigger house on two acres with the three car detached garage with hoist and full shop... :D

Ryan
Congrats!

Rockland is not my cup of tea. But the price is definitely right. Can't get a single for under $225,000 in Ottawa (that isn't a century old).
Fingers,Feb 28 2006, 12:42 AM Wrote:Congrats!

Rockland is not my cup of tea.  But the price is definitely right.  Can't get a single for under $225,000 in Ottawa (that isn't a century old).
[right][snapback]172541[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, At 1st, I didnt want to go out there, but after taking a look at what I could get in my price range closer to Ottawa I decided against it. I was 'pre-approved' for a a larger amount, but like I said, I didnt want to be living for my house. I want to party yo!! :P :lol:

Plus, I hate the f***in west end. :ph34r:

Plus your probably not french speaking, a lot of people dont like the fact that sits the first non quebec town to pass a French 1st law. I dont mind, I am french.
You did the smart thing by not "maxxing out" on your purchase price vs. your mortgage pre-approval.

Congrats on joining the "earning equity" crowd.
Holy f**k that retarted expensive.

Could prolly get the same house with 2 door garage for under 70g here.

Congrats man.

P.S. I like your statement you said in the 1st post
lucky bastard...i cant wait to buy a house. I gotta get rid of my damn car first.
ZX3TUNR,Feb 28 2006, 12:11 PM Wrote:Holy f*** that retarted expensive.

Congrats man.

[right][snapback]172625[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, but, I got scenery, not a feild of wheat. :P
Flofocus,Feb 28 2006, 04:18 PM Wrote:
ZX3TUNR,Feb 28 2006, 12:11 PM Wrote:Holy f*** that retarted expensive.

Congrats man.

[right][snapback]172625[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, but, I got scenery, not a feild of wheat. :P
[right][snapback]172629[/snapback][/right]

its refered to as "field of dreams" B)
Pages: 1 2