FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focus Headlight Bulb Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
im ordering some HIDs so i looked on a chart and a 2002 ford focus is listed as 9003/HB2 but the HIDS do not come in 9003/HB2 but the company clams that the H4 HIDs will fit?

is this true?

if so y don't they just have one code?
Yes, H4 is what you need. H4/9003 are the same bulb.
Focus man, Focus.,Apr 7 2010, 05:22 PM Wrote:Yes, H4 is what you need.  H4/9003 are the same bulb.
[right][snapback]304716[/snapback][/right]

thanks

4500k hi/lo HIDs are on there way :D :D
Ford HID's use D2S bulbs... not sure why you'd wanna use something else?
paolo,Apr 7 2010, 03:57 PM Wrote:Ford HID's use D2S bulbs...      not sure why you'd wanna use something else?
[right][snapback]304728[/snapback][/right]

Because he doesn't have Mach/SVT HIDs like us.....

So H4 bi-xenon are the next best thing i guess

I'm rocking 15,000K in my Mach/SVT's lol
SL8RZZX3,Apr 7 2010, 06:59 PM Wrote:
paolo,Apr 7 2010, 03:57 PM Wrote:Ford HID's use D2S bulbs...      not sure why you'd wanna use something else?

[right][snapback]304746[/snapback][/right]

So is he crippled? he can't go out and buy a set of SVT or Machs? :P
hmm did this list help you?

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.p...opic=20629

after all it has almost everything listed for the focus from 2000 - 2007
paolo,Apr 8 2010, 02:48 AM Wrote:
SL8RZZX3,Apr 7 2010, 06:59 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]304746[/snapback][/right]

So is he crippled? he can't go out and buy a set of SVT or Machs? :P
[right][snapback]304761[/snapback][/right]

na no cripple here I for one dont like the SVT/Machs. id much rather have st170 butt i sorta blew my hole budget on the new EAPs so next best thing is gona have to be HIDs in stock halogen SVT housings.

make sure if you do that you use PROJECTORS, or im gonna get EVERYONE I know to constantly high beam you when they see you for being an IDIOT and not meeting federal requirements and for putting excess glaire on the roads.
paolo,Apr 9 2010, 09:37 AM Wrote:make sure if  you do that you use PROJECTORS, or im gonna get EVERYONE  I know to constantly high beam you when they see you for being an IDIOT and not meeting federal requirements and for putting excess glaire on the roads.
[right][snapback]304832[/snapback][/right]

i dont believe that you know any one that knows me that i will be running into on a regular basis so i should be good.

and they ARE going in my factory halogen housings. (blasphemy i know) but i dont have to stare at them right :D

besides you see tones of cars on the road with HIDs in factory housings and its not that bad.

and this IDIOT is not asking your approval or acceptance.

thanks
Idiot's guide to why your HID's will suck: http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/car-entert...id-projectors-2
I have an 8000K HID kit in my stock housings and I have never been beamed by on coming traffic. Light output is far superior to the stock H4 bulbs. Do what you want and let the oncoming traffic worry about it. HID all the way.
I advise anyone to read the link. Personal opinions are one thing. If your gonna do it , do it right. whats the point of having a million dollar house if the electrician did not use morettes and instead connected the wires together with electrical tape and you risk the whole house catching fire? not worth it.

Even my buddy had hids in reflector housings at first, then he felt pretty dumb and they were terrible, and bought projectors made for hid bulbs, put them in his vw, and Wala. im not starting a flame war, so no point in trying to bust my nuts. I'm not the one who made the laws. no point in trying to egg me on, my opinion will not change, heck its not my opinion its the law.
paolo,Apr 12 2010, 09:18 PM Wrote:I advise anyone to read the link. Personal opinions are one thing. If your gonna do it , do it right.  whats the point of having a million dollar house if the electrician did not use morettes and instead connected the wires together with electrical tape and you risk the whole house catching fire?  not worth it.

Even my buddy had hids in reflector housings at first, then he felt pretty dumb and they were terrible, and bought projectors made for hid bulbs, put them in his vw, and Wala.  im not starting a flame war, so no point in trying to bust my nuts.  I'm not the one who made the laws.  no point in trying to egg me on, my opinion will not change, heck its not my opinion its the law.
[right][snapback]305005[/snapback][/right]

ok i get what your saying. and i here you on the law braking part. BUT in my personal experience this works fine. i know proper HID housings are BETTER but im ok with this.

ok what do u have in mind about high beams? or are your head lights gonna be dual chamber aka euro 2002 or st 170;s??
do u know how to properly wire them up?
paolo,Apr 13 2010, 04:58 AM Wrote:ok what do u have in mind about high beams?  or are your head lights gonna be dual chamber aka euro 2002 or st 170;s??
do u know how to properly wire them up?
[right][snapback]305033[/snapback][/right]

i bought a hi/lo HID kit. and as for wiring i should be able to figure it out i think. id have liked to get a set of euro 2002 but i cant find any.
Certainly, that’s true. One of my friends advised me too to use H4 which is same as H4/9003. Definitely, that’s what you need and it would really works