FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Question 4 Chromey Or Anyone If He Is Not Availabl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently have RHP, finally got rid of Hell, i mean Bellus. The cable comes into the home, goes through a drop amp, then into a wire then into a block with 6 legs, this is because i have digital terminals in each room and this is what i was todl was the proper way to wire it up with not having too many splitterz.

now someone told me i need a splitter in the main entry point, usualyl a 2 way for 2 services, but i may have 3 services soon so a 3 way can be for phone / cable / internet. She said one leg of the very first splitter must go to the RHP DPS (home phone modem for ppl who dont understand) the second leg should go to my drop amp then to the 6-way splitter / distro block or waht ever its called eventually to all the tv's. then the third leg will go to the rogers@home docsys modem which i am not subsctribed to yet but am thinking of getting really soon

does this sound right or am i doing anything wrong by connecting the RHP Roger home phone telephone modem to the 5th leg of my cable distro block where all my tv's are?

signal is not a problem in my n-hood cus i have the tap is a few feet infront of my house in the avenue side of my laun
everytime you split the wire you split the signal. So which ever you look at it you might be slowing something.

Right now, this is what i have, Main cable comes to house and splits into 2

1- Internet(high speed)
2- cable to 4 way splitter

my 4 way splitter does
1- Rogers Phone
2- Basement TV
3- Living room Rogers box
4- Bedroom TV

Hope this helps.

I have not had any problems with my service. Once in a while it gets slow but thats because of Rogers, so we just call and bitch and they increase the signal to our street :)
from what i heard, your rogers home phone must be on the first split too, but my situation is different, i have a drop amplifier so i can power legs of a splitter equally. splitters cause signal loss, but an amplifier, which is what I have increases signal strength, so no loss. i can safely assume that when i order rogers@home, i can connect it to one of the legs of my 8-way splitter. Chromey, care to chime in?
My house is set up like this

Line into house into a 1in/2out spliter.
then one of those goes into another spliter which is providing me phone and internet.
The other line in is sent to another spliter then to the receivers for cable.
scocher000, you basicaly have two 2-way splitters daisy chained, which is the same as having one 3-way splitter at the main line. someone probaly just got lazy and hooket it up that way and left it.
No...
Thats the way Rogers had it put in. I watched him the whole time. Works fine. and FYI I'm paying for 6 MBS and getting an amazing 11+ MBS with Rogers lol
i never said it was not fine, its technically the same result. but some people like me are perfectionists, who would rather have a splitter with two -3db legs and one -7db leg, put the phone to one leg, the @home to the other leg, and the tv to the third leg of the splitter. but in your case, you have one two-way splitter, one leg goes into another 2-way splitter, the result is the same db on each leg, just more complex spaghetti wiring, because you dont seem to care about perfection.
paolo,Aug 6 2009, 07:07 PM Wrote:... but some people like me are perfectionists, ... [right][snapback]292156[/snapback][/right]

I know this is off topic and I know I'm not officially a member of P.I.T.A. ... but if the above statement is true why the f*** is your spelling and grammar so atrocious.
ZTWsquared,Aug 6 2009, 08:20 PM Wrote:I know this is off topic and I know I'm not officially a member of P.I.T.A. ... but if the above statement is true why the f*** is your spelling and grammar so atrocious.
[right][snapback]292157[/snapback][/right]

what the F*** is pita?
With comments like that You may be up for consideration
DD1,Aug 7 2009, 08:28 PM Wrote:With comments like that You may be up for consideration
[right][snapback]292249[/snapback][/right]

Not sure what the consideration / nomination you guys are talking about has anything to do with the cable tv wiring question i initially asked...
If you can't follow a conversation how you gonna wire up a tv ?????
DD1,Aug 8 2009, 10:43 AM Wrote:If you  can't follow a conversation how you gonna wire up a tv ?????
[right][snapback]292265[/snapback][/right]

Or even get laid...
Canadian ST,Aug 8 2009, 11:00 AM Wrote:
DD1,Aug 8 2009, 10:43 AM Wrote:If you  can't follow a conversation how you gonna wire up a tv ?????

Or even get laid...
[right][snapback]292268[/snapback][/right]

the village called, they want their idiot back in exchange for the cable tv technician.
Thats very thoughfull of you for worring about me. but i think you need to do better things with your spare time like worry about your dodge neon.
paolo,Aug 8 2009, 12:44 PM Wrote:

Or even get laid...

the village called, they want their idiot back in exchange for the cable tv technician.
[right][snapback]292276[/snapback][/right]

Thats a weak cum back, did you scrape it off your teeth
Canadian ST,Aug 8 2009, 12:53 PM Wrote:
paolo,Aug 8 2009, 12:44 PM Wrote:

Or even get laid...

[right][snapback]292276[/snapback][/right]

Thats a weak cum back, did you scrape it off your teeth
[right][snapback]292279[/snapback][/right]

the calbes you and your father-in law installed by fishing coat hangers behind the walls and doller store splitters maybe used to cut it back then, but in todays world, arent gonna cut it for high definaition tv anymore or digital broadcasting.
paolo,Aug 8 2009, 12:46 PM Wrote:
Thats very thoughfull of you for worring about me. but i think you need to do better things with your spare time like worry about your dodge neon.
[right][snapback]292277[/snapback][/right]

I haven't a srt4 in over 3 years..... are this slow at everything?? :rolleyes: