FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Messing Around With A Digital Slr And Filters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was just messing around with a digital camera I borrowed from a friend, had some filters lieing around from one of my film cameras and decided to play around a bit, I used a diamond filter which takes the image and basically makes it into 5, then added a blue filter. Looks kinda cool.
Focal Length =50mm
F stop =38
Exposure time = 10secs
ISO = 200

[Image: candles.jpg]
Wicket shot!

What slr are you using?
I know s**t about there kinds of thinks...But that really looks awsome.
According to the EXIF info...

Pentax *IST DS.

Nice shot!

Ryan
reldridge,Feb 26 2006, 01:54 PM Wrote:According to the EXIF info...

Pentax *IST DS.

Nice shot!

Ryan
[right][snapback]172314[/snapback][/right]
Correct on the camera.

Thanks for the feedback. Hoping to buy my own digital slr very soon. Tossing between the Nikon D50, Nikon D70S, Canon Digital Rebel XT. Having a very hard time choosing between them.
Canon for life. :)
euro_zx5,Feb 26 2006, 07:30 PM Wrote:Canon for life. :)
[right][snapback]172327[/snapback][/right]

+1

My 20D pwns
The choice depends all on what you want to do with it...

Myself, it will either be a D50, Oly E-500 or something from Pentax.

Ryan <- sold DLSR back when the D30 was out
I've read a LOT of really good reviews on the Rebel XT. If/when I finally get a digital SLR, it'll be some variant that's current along those lines.
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 27 2006, 07:22 AM Wrote:I've read a LOT of really good reviews on the Rebel XT. If/when I finally get a digital SLR, it'll be some variant that's current along those lines.
[right][snapback]172362[/snapback][/right]

Canon DSLRs have a relatively long product life cycle (about 2 years). Its been almost a year for the 350D (Rebel XT) now....
I bought a used Nikon D100. Great camera. Love the Nikons. "Only" 6 MP though. Which IMO is quite enough unless you're doing poster sized prints. That said I would love the Hasselblads 39 MP back for their cameras.

Goto Henry's, they'll let you handle all kinds of them before buying. The Rebel XT was small and felt awkward in my hands. The D100 felt huge, but sturdy. The old Rebel (300D) felt cheap in comparison to the 350D and D100. But it's a good camera too, bigger than the 350D.
The other nice thing about Henry's is the buy-back... Within one year, they will buy back your camera for 50% of what you paid, and give it towards a new one. Alot less hastle than selling it on e-bay.

Ryan
Yeah, but you'll make way more on eBay. Bought my old 300D for $850, sold it 6 months later for $700.