FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2010 Taurus Awarded Top Safety Pick From Iihs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
IIHS Awards Top Safety Rating to 2010 Ford Taurus
Source: Insideline

DEARBORN, Michigan — The redesigned 2010 Ford Taurus, which is loaded with standard safety features as well as new active crash-avoidance technologies, has been named a Top Safety Pick by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).

Among the available driver aids are a radar-enabled advanced collision warning system, blind-spot monitoring and a cross-traffic alert that warns drivers about hard-to-see vehicles in parking lots. Also offered is an updated version of Ford's Sync communications systems, featuring directions and traffic information.

The 2010 Taurus has redesigned side airbags that deploy more quickly in a crash, as well as a stronger underbody structure.

Other safety technologies on the car include adaptive cruise control, rain-sensing wipers and a new feature called MyKey that enables parents to activate a restricted driving mode for teenagers, with such features as a "persistent belt minder" and an earlier low-fuel warning, as well as bundling blind-spot monitoring, cross-traffic alert and forward collision warning.
Wow that parenting idea sounds great. I'd probably pull the fuse for that before I got into it lol.
Scorcher000,Aug 6 2009, 07:13 AM Wrote:Wow that parenting idea sounds great. I'd probably pull the fuse for that before I got into it lol.
[right][snapback]292113[/snapback][/right]

Assuming of course that if you pulled that fuse the car would even run at all (It would make sense to have that "nanny mode" tied into the ignition system, tamper with nanny, car she no go :P)

NefCanuck
love it, i guess i would hate is as a kid, but love it as a parent. If it was up to me i would just wrap my daughter in bubble wrap :)