FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Congratulations Darkpuppet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your old school has shown how much it embraces technology and banned wireless connections:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...ory/TPNational/

You must be proud.

:lol:
Thats actually humerous....I remember back in the day when getting root on lakeheads servers was as simple as trying the simplest of exploits!
I guess we know why darkpuppet has to work 80 hours a week............he went to Lakehead and it takes him twice as long as everyone else.

:lol:

9T2 :P
Lakehead has always been stupid that way. The people in charge of their IT infrastructure just have no clue. Never really had a clue.

When I was in the program there, we'd get kicked out of the computer labs because the forestry students had first dibs... and many of the machines were Unisys bread x-com machines... it was quite ridiculous.

Of course things have improved and they've embraced such buzzwords as high-speed and Fiber Optics and even own a couple Crays (yay, old and defunct super computers!)... but hasn't changed the fact that they're still about 80-90% clueless.

If the university is so well wired for highspeed, you really think that an underground wireless network WON'T pop up? It will.. students have been working around the administration for years... it's the only way to get things done!

If it weren't for the university's administration, I don't know how I would be such a good problem solver :P

Anyhoo.. it's a funny story. The ironic part is that the hospital, literally across the street (and the college) both have wireless access.
a former c-owoekr of mine Kathy is attending school over at Lakehead. She came down for the weekend to visit and tell us how bad their computer IT department relly is. piss poorly managed.
yeah, sometimes, it's just a thunder bay thing. There are one or two people that get all the say, but have none of the knowledge.

It's a town full of nepitism and inneptitude.

Give me a decent opportunity to, and I'd go back and fix it for them.
The worst part is the fact you could change the infrastructure, but you can't change their mindset. You'd have to clean house of all the decision makers first before fixing things.

This is when I am TRIPLE glad people actually listen here when we tell them something.