FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ford Euro Goodness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, so it isn't a Focus RS, or anything fancy, but I've seen some of these on the local lots.

[Image: ford%20transit%20connect.jpg]

Ford Transit Connect
Starting at roughly $28,000 lol not worth my bottle of toonies. Would be great for a sound comp car though. or to do a huge ass V8 custom job
It looks perfectly designed to put a set of forks through.
Scorcher000,Aug 5 2009, 04:25 PM Wrote:Starting at roughly $28,000 lol not worth my bottle of toonies. Would be great for a sound comp car though. or to do a huge ass V8 custom job
[right][snapback]292098[/snapback][/right]

Thats a lot for something that uses the Focus platform, they should have at least had the option of the 2.3L.
Canadian ST,Aug 5 2009, 08:30 PM Wrote:
Scorcher000,Aug 5 2009, 04:25 PM Wrote:Starting at roughly $28,000 lol not worth my bottle of toonies. Would be great for a sound comp car though. or to do a huge ass V8 custom job
[right][snapback]292098[/snapback][/right]

Thats a lot for something that uses the Focus platform, they should have at least had the option of the 2.3L.
[right][snapback]292101[/snapback][/right]

we have a bunch of these at my work right now. they are a neat little rig. i can stand up inside them and im 6'3
they would make a sick rally rig.

i like it lol :D
take a look at this one.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

http://www.tuningnews.net/article/070103/f...onnect-x-press/
Jmountney1,Aug 5 2009, 07:56 PM Wrote:take a look at this one.

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

http://www.tuningnews.net/article/070103/f...onnect-x-press/
[right][snapback]292105[/snapback][/right]

Yeah that is sweet....

but i believe it was only a one off and never went into production

Basically just an RS
I saw these at local stealerships a few weeks ago, stopped and checked one out as soon as I could. I really think this could be a good contender in our market... seeing as there isn't any comparable options from other mfr's. Get a nice pipe and ladder rack installed on the roof, and it is prefect for me.
euro_zx5,Aug 5 2009, 09:47 PM Wrote:I saw these at local stealerships a few weeks ago, stopped and checked one out as soon as I could. I really think this could be a good contender in our market... seeing as there isn't any comparable options from other mfr's. Get a nice pipe and ladder rack installed on the roof, and it is prefect for me.
[right][snapback]292107[/snapback][/right]

What do you do?
I think it's a great alternative to "over-spec'ing" a Dodge Sprinter when you're running s small business - in-town delivery, etc.

It reminds me of a smaller version of my Dad's old 1980s 1/2 ton Econoline panel van. Short wheelbase, no windows, great as a start-out work truck.

Really, it fills a huge gap in Ford's Commercial lineup as the smallest cargo offering they have currently is a current Econoline 150. A lot of people might not want to pay for V8 city fuel consumption when all they need is Ranger-sized cargo capacity. Having wagon and cargo configs really does make sense. All it needs is a better transmission than the 4-speed. Even the 5-speed auto from the Fusion would work.

I like it. B)

EDIT - they start under $27,000 for a cargo van without rear glass. Not too shabby!
Yeah the Transit fills the niche for the smaller cargo van and at a much better price than the Sprinter does.

As to five speed auto over the four speed, that would drive up the cost to build them, for one. Second I don't know that Ford is using the five speed from the four banger Fusion for any new products at this time and third are you sure that transmission would actually be suited for that duty?

I mean it's not like any Fusion is rated to tow according to Ford and I'm not sure that the Transit is any lighter than even the four banger Fusion :unsure:

NefCanuck
I just figured that it's proven tech, would add a little more flexibility to the setup both in town and on the highway and if nothing else it would likely increase fuel economy.

Case in point: the 2008 Escape vs the 2009 Escape. They increased the HP AND the engine size in some cases, added more cogs and got better fuel economy across the board.

Also knowing that the 2.0L should bolt up to a trans that the 2.3L is already proven on, it kinda makes sense. Other manufacturers run 5+ speeds with their 4-cyls. It just makes sense to get the Focus, finally, out of the 1980s as far as automatics are concerned. And with that movement, it would hopefully take the Transit Connect with it.

It's got nothing to do with towing, but everything to do with daily performance.
wasn't there one of thise from dodge that was a straight out copy cat of the mercedes bens ones i saw in europe a few years ago? like how friggin origional can dodge be? they have to friggin copy a mercedes bens version and put their own logos on it, im supprised mercedes let them get away with this.
Looks like one of them Canada Post mail trucks.
I hope it gives the sprinter a run for its money. Theres a few at colony Ford and they have already sold a couple hope you like white cause thats the only colour they come in lol
paolo,Aug 6 2009, 01:29 PM Wrote:wasn't there one of thise from dodge that was a straight out copy cat of the mercedes bens ones i saw in europe a few years ago? like how friggin origional can dodge be? they have to friggin copy a mercedes bens version and put their own logos on it, im supprised mercedes let them get away with this.
[right][snapback]292140[/snapback][/right]

Mercedes up until very recently owned Chrysler (Dodge) ... it was in all the papers.
NikiterZTS,Aug 6 2009, 07:15 AM Wrote:
euro_zx5,Aug 5 2009, 09:47 PM Wrote:I saw these at local stealerships a few weeks ago, stopped and checked one out as soon as I could. I really think this could be a good contender in our market... seeing as there isn't any comparable options from other mfr's. Get a nice pipe and ladder rack installed on the roof, and it is prefect for me.
[right][snapback]292107[/snapback][/right]

What do you do?
[right][snapback]292109[/snapback][/right]

Plumbing and heating. But if I were to have things my way, i'd open my own paintball field and pro shop... either way this van would be great.
ZTWsquared,Aug 6 2009, 05:36 PM Wrote:
paolo,Aug 6 2009, 01:29 PM Wrote:wasn't there one of thise from dodge that was a straight out copy cat of the mercedes bens ones i saw in europe a few years ago? like how friggin origional can dodge be? they have to friggin copy a mercedes bens version and put their own logos on it, im supprised mercedes let them get away with this.
[right][snapback]292140[/snapback][/right]

Mercedes up until very recently owned Chrysler (Dodge) ... it was in all the papers.
[right][snapback]292155[/snapback][/right]

Maybe his iFail... uh, I mean iPhone crapped out and he couldn't get on the Internets to see all this go down?

ZX3_2NV - the website mentions red and blue as well. Have they changed things since they started actually retailing them?
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 7 2009, 06:56 AM Wrote:the website mentions red and blue as well.
[right][snapback]292174[/snapback][/right]

Campbells here in Ottawa has had all three colours in.
Pages: 1 2