FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Adi Racer Lo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone go to the track and wear specific driving shoes?

I don't drive a standard, which is what these shoes apparently help with (pedal feel)... I wanted the look these shoes offered... but, does anyone wear specific driving shoes and notice any lap time differences or an overall change in the driving? They're make to fit somewhat snug, and have little support underneath, aside from a well built arch that feel surprisingly much better than my many previous pairs of Nike Shox... which were gold at the time.

[Image: 8thstreetshoes_1881_9827669.jpg]

Mine are identical to these, except have a suede upper and back.
where did you pick them up.
puma alll the way

made for drivers!!!
almost every driver in the major series wear puma driving boots/shoes
I got'em from Foot Locker tonight.

As for Puma, they make killer stuff... i've always wanted a pair of Michelin or Pirelli boots, or shoes if I had the chance to find a decent priced pair... but they're alot of money to wear everyday.
Nice shoes?

Yeah.

Will you see any benefit on the track?

Never in your life.
Go with a nice pair of hiked up Dr. Martens, then try with these shoes.

Betcha you'll notice a difference. ;)
Flofocus,Feb 21 2006, 10:43 AM Wrote:Go with a nice pair of hiked up Dr. Martens, then try with these shoes.

Betcha you'll notice a difference.  ;)
[right][snapback]171578[/snapback][/right]

Doc Martens... :lol: that they still make those... :lol: No thanks.

Whenever I wear big shoes while driving, it feel just plain weird. Even loose, untied shox which I got used to, felt weird, more foot movement needed than necessary cause the shoe was bending to my every move.

I'm not a track driver, I just got them cause I like'em. But knowing some guys (and gals probaly) here go to the track here and there, do you were specific shoes/boots?
I know a lot of guys that when they do solo events or track days, they have a specific pair of shoes that they swear by.
Flofocus,Feb 21 2006, 10:51 AM Wrote:I know a lot of guys that when they do solo events or track days, they have a specific pair of shoes that they swear by.
[right][snapback]171581[/snapback][/right]

Exactly, and what do they wear?
euro_zx5,Feb 21 2006, 11:57 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Feb 21 2006, 10:51 AM Wrote:I know a lot of guys that when they do solo events or track days, they have a specific pair of shoes that they swear by.
[right][snapback]171581[/snapback][/right]

Exactly, and what do they wear?
[right][snapback]171582[/snapback][/right]

Not sure...Adidas I would think, since most have the 3 stripes on them that I've seen...

I'm the guy that shows up with his untied skate shoes. :P :lol:
Nice looking shoes, but I can't see how they would be any real benefit even on the track, sure they'd be a big difference as opposed to say winter boots or sandals but I'll put up my $50 pair of Dr. Scholls against those puppies anyday and I'll bet there wouldn't be a whit of difference :P

NefCanuck
Flo :lol: Skater shoes might be okay... but not much better than runners... too flimsy.

Nef, i'm not about to wear my parent's shoes! :lol: And when it comes to sandals... don't even get me started :lol: Boots are one ridiculous thing to drive with, sandals are even worse!
NefCanuck,Feb 21 2006, 11:24 AM Wrote:Nice looking shoes, but I can't see how they would be any real benefit even on the track, sure they'd be a big difference as opposed to say winter boots or sandals but I'll put up my $50 pair of Dr. Scholls against those puppies anyday and I'll bet there wouldn't be a whit of difference :P

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]171587[/snapback][/right]

When you are on the track (the kind that have corners) sometimes you can be using all three pedals at once. Since most people have two feet, your feet have to be pretty nimble around the pedals to manage all three pedals (i.e. heel and toe downshifting, left foot braking, etc.) You wouldn't want to be wearing any clunky soled shoes while on the track. I have flubbed a few heel and toe downshifts due clunky soled shoes.
I picked up a set of really cheap "Spring" brand "driving" shoes from... I think it was Transit or one of those mall chain stores. For $20, I figured I'd give 'em a shot.

So far, so good.

I have worn them on track, they helpl, but it's very subtle. If you can't heel-toe already, you're really not going to notice any real difference.

I have a set of Sparco Rally shoes on order, but they're taking forever to get here. They look like hiking shoes more than racing shoes. Rally drivers are in and out of the car all day, and they're in them ALL day. These are fireproof, but should be more comfortable than normal racing shoes to wear all day at the track.
most of the Puma products I see out there are exactly what we used to race in (amatuer rally) back in the mid 80's....they wer not called Puma back then but they are built exactly the same.....great for heel toe action. If you want to learn how to drive give yourself the tools and a prper fitting shoe is diffinetly one of the things you should have....
I just use my 'skate' shoes, I don't skate, but they let me feel the pedals good enough, and since I wear them all the time it feels normal. So I can heel-toe fine in them.

My running shoes however, feel completely wrong while driving. I can't feel the pedals and they're wide and I have trouble adapting to them. So I don't wear them much. They'll be good in the summer when I start riding my bike again though.
I drive with sandals in the summer all da time. Never tried heel toe. Have to give that a whirl sometime. My shoes are normally just like your outdoor more rugged shoe.