FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Fuse #63 (hidden Central Locking Fuse) Revealed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,
Reading many different focus forums, I have seen people asking for the location of fuse #63 many times...
I had a little trouble with my vehicle, and as I was attemting a fix, I thought I'd take pictures of the CL fuse position. :ph34r:

To access it, you need to remove the fusebox from its' mounts. Do this by removing cover (mine is a North American version - for the European version, I think it's behind the glovebox), then remove the two 7mm bolts attaching it to the bracket. Now, CAREFULLY, depress the 2 clips on the side, the push it back at the top and lift it free from its tabs at the bottom. Then GENTLY lower it down - be careful, a wrong move could wrench wires (NA drivers, watch out for the clutch position switch cable, it's in the way). Once it is down, you can gently turn it sideways to access the rear. You will see the yellow 20A fuse hidden under the wiring loom. I was able to cut one cable tie to gain access. The fuse remover wont do it, so you will need long nose pliers. Gently remove fuse and replace as necessary. Replace fuse box in reverse order, making sure wire looms go back correctly.

Here's a picture, with the fuse arrowed, and showing the cable tie I cut.
[Image: fuse.jpg]

Hope this helps someone who may not know where to look. :D

Scorpion Mike B)
WOW, definitly a ford engineer thought of this.......f***ing gay