FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Kudos To Randy @ Fswerks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So i have been back and forth with randy for the past day and a half now sorting out some ECU issues that we have been having.

I want to say that randy is an awesome guy to deal with first off. He has to build my base line from ground up now due to SCT changing how files work for my ECU code for the stage 2 kit. Not to mention, for that added trouble of going back and forth, he has also said not to bother paying anything more then the 400$ start fee.

Amazing customer service, stayed late tonite at the shop to get my baseline up and going and together we have troubleshooted through the issues being presented.

For those considering buying a full tune or even just the x3 from anyone, FSwerks are the guys to go to. So far i am very happy i talked to randy through all this and not anyone else. i would have been told im crazy with the stuff that was happening.

satisfied x1,000,000

i wish i could of afford to get the kit new off him just becuase of how amazing these guys truly are. awesome well built kit and great service
Glad your happy man. Welcome to the FI club.
Things will be better when my car stops being different from every other car with turbo LOL

spark tables arent working and they use the same basic spark table for very car! We used a tune with the turbo fuel trims and stock timing and it worked fine, go to turbo spark and timing and it goes into limp mode...

he should just fly down here and tune it in person haha
we've had opportunities in the past to bring guys up here to do group tunes and/or tuning workshops.

But lack of interested parties willing to pay usually make it a non-starter.
For me personally, in most cases i would go with the cheapest price for stuff, but over time i have realized that in the end, you get what you pay for. Just like in the industry im in, it goes the same stretch for aftermarket performance. FSwerks is very dedicated to keeping the customer happy. Very good communication wise with calling and emailing and staying on top of it. I believe tom advertises for 550$ for F/I tuning, well in the end ive only paid 400$ due to the issues at hand, even still he told me i wouldnt be anymore then 600$ MAX.

so if your interested in saving a few bucks and dont care what kinda of service you get, well search for a bottom line price. if you want to spend that extra bit to get a company that works for their money, then FSwerks is the way to go. I have yet to hear a bad story with them that has not been resolved or had a proposed resolution been put on the table.

I will pimp FSwerks the rest of my focus days 100%
over 100 turbo kits sold...they are great!
does that 400 include the price of the X3

im looking for a tune aswell and dunno weather to go with tom or randy
shed some light for me
drunkinmonkey,Apr 7 2010, 08:08 PM Wrote:does that 400 include the price of the X3

im looking for a tune aswell and dunno weather to go with tom or randy
shed some light for me
[right][snapback]304749[/snapback][/right]

i doubt it, the xcal3 is worth 400 alone
thats without hand held and only because of issues at hand. normally would be 400 $ for xcal and 500-600 for tune
If you need the X3 only and don,t have FI you get a basic tune free with a purchase from FSwerks.
35$US more per extra tune, so as an example if you want one for low octane and one for high octane gas, you would need to buy one extra tune with the SCT.
Look here: http://www.focussport.com/sct_flasher.htm
ya and what randy does is takes your mods and he has files for all different configurations, as long as you arent a home mad kinda guy then you mite have issues. The so called box tunes really arent, he has to make slight adjustments to each based on mods.
O and also, oscar, you have same ecu code, for some reason when randy sent your baseline file, it didnt even work LOL

he mite bribe you with cheap parts to come down and see what going on with my car he said haha

im datalogging tonite, hopefully to find the issue. i really hope its not fuel pump issue, or maf or even injectors. NOT COOL
I cant wait for there SVT/Zetec turbo kit now XD
GFXjamie,Apr 8 2010, 04:16 PM Wrote:O and also, oscar, you have same ecu code, for some reason when randy sent your baseline file, it didnt even work LOL

he mite bribe you with cheap parts to come down and see what going on with my car he said haha

im datalogging tonite, hopefully to find the issue. i really hope its not fuel pump issue, or maf or even injectors. NOT COOL
[right][snapback]304803[/snapback][/right]

Really... Hmmmm I would be interested in a few more parts from FSWerks. I've been thinking about getting an oil cooler and a few other goodies.

Depending on weather this weekend, I might be able to go down.

As for parts, I wouldn't be surprised if you have to change your maf like I did. Fuel pump and injectors should be ok, unless you've been filling up on Mr. Gas or any other crap gas.
By the way, are you still doing standing logs or WOT logs?
Thread pause, what gas you guys run in your F/I??
I run Shell 91OCT. DaSilva mentioned if I go more into N/A I should up the OCT.
Scorcher000,Apr 8 2010, 06:56 PM Wrote:Thread pause, what gas you guys run in your F/I??
I run Shell 91OCT. DaSilva mentioned if I go more into N/A I should up the OCT.
[right][snapback]304818[/snapback][/right]

I run Shell or Esso 91.
currently has some michigan sunoco 94 octane still in the tank. i mite need to swap mafs, im putting your complete file on my car right now as a test and see whats up then standing logs. i cant go past 3k without car "rev limiting"
still having this problem eh? data logging show anything?
Oscar The Grouch,Apr 8 2010, 03:59 PM Wrote:
GFXjamie,Apr 8 2010, 04:16 PM Wrote:O and also, oscar, you have same ecu code, for some reason when randy sent your baseline file, it didnt even work LOL

[right][snapback]304803[/snapback][/right]

Really... Hmmmm I would be interested in a few more parts from FSWerks. I've been thinking about getting an oil cooler and a few other goodies.

Depending on weather this weekend, I might be able to go down.

As for parts, I wouldn't be surprised if you have to change your maf like I did. Fuel pump and injectors should be ok, unless you've been filling up on Mr. Gas or any other crap gas.
[right][snapback]304806[/snapback][/right]

Oil cooler is only really required if you run your car for 10 or so under pressure. Something like circuit racing.
Not really needed when you do 402m runs down the straight payvment.
Just a thought.
Pages: 1 2