FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wrc Rumor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From rally.racing-live.com
Quote:Suzuki has been involved in the Junior World Rally Championship for many years but the Japanese manufacturer is rumoured to consider moving up to the World Rally Championship in 2007.

At the Geneva Motor Show (early March 2006), Suzuki is supposed to introduce the SX4 WRC, the car it will likely enter in the World Championship starting next year.

Since the FIA wants to have a WRC season that spans from May to May, the 2008 season might start in May 2007 until May 2008, which means that Suzuki may decide to begin its WRC programme with the 2008 season.

The Suzuki WRC should be based on the model presented at the Geneva Motor Show, a car that Suzuki developed in partnership with Fiat.

With a few manufacturers quiting the WRC in the last few years some good news at last as it looks like Suzuki has finally decided to grow up and leave the Jr. ranks of the WRC and join the big boys.

[Image: suzuki-sx4-wrc-z-01_160206.jpg]

Laterz :)
I hope its true - the WRC need more manufacturers. I hope Peugeot also returns at some point - time will tell. Nice looking car though B)
K_OS,Feb 17 2006, 10:14 AM Wrote:With a few manufacturers quiting the WRC in the last few years some good news at last as it looks like Suzuki has finally decided to grow up and leave the Jr. ranks of the WRC and join the big boys.
[right][snapback]171069[/snapback][/right]

Suzuki has been spanking the big boys for years elsewhere.... Asia-Pacific series, and how about the regular dominance of Pike's Peak?

Hmm.... did someone pull this from FJ? I had a long winded rant on that one....
Yep..heard this a while bACK///

also..hyundai and renault could return later this season..

...even more interesting is a possible works team from Seat
I'm still surprised that VW let both Skoda and Seat compete... they're both subsidiaries.
Toyota was another manufacturer that was tought to be coming back to the WRC but now that they are going into NASCAR the whole WRC thing could be up in the air.

Laterz :)
microbunny,Feb 17 2006, 07:11 PM Wrote:...even more interesting is a possible works team from Seat
[right][snapback]171134[/snapback][/right]

No way!

I think they need alot more competition... the more the merrier.
no rumour now - they just announced last week they're on board for '07 ( I think ) We need more manufacturers for the WRC !!
you mean there might be more than 2 manufacturer teams at the WRC? sweet!
Good news!

Now I hope they broadcast it here too!
not on SpeedTV anyway - *uck I hate that channel. Good ole boys talking NASCAR 24 and seven !! Probably the least technical of cars in major motorsport and they talk incessantly about it !!! Its a joke. Put them on anything but an oval and they get all *ucked up ....... LMAO
Hey that suzuki looks good :blink: SpeedTV sucks now, nascrap should get their channel and leave the good stuff for SpeedTV. I wander if Speed is owned by a nascar owner <_< . WRC kick's arse!
euro,Mar 15 2006, 02:56 PM Wrote:Hey that suzuki looks good :blink: SpeedTV sucks now, nascrap should get their channel and leave the good stuff for SpeedTV. I wander if Speed is owned by a nascar owner <_< . WRC kick's arse!
[right][snapback]175007[/snapback][/right]

Speed is owned by Fox. So, just as bad as being owned by Nascafe.