FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Fusion's First Big Race In Nascar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So this weekend if the first big race for the ford fusion in nascar. How does everyone think it will do at Daytona?

[Image: car.jpg]
Did they actually change the motor from the old Taurus, for this car?

Street
Length 190.2 in.
Width 72.2 in.
Height 55.8 in.
Wheelbase 107.4 in.
Weight 3,280 lbs.
Engine DOHC 24-valve V-6
Comp. Ratio 10.0:1
Displacement 3.0L/182 cu. in.
Horsepower 210

NASCAR
Length 199 in.
Width 71.5 in.
Height 51 in.
Wheelbase 110 in.
Weight 3,400 lbs.
Engine SVO OHV V8 3.0L
Comp. Ratio 12.0:1
Displacement 5.8L/358 cu. in.
Horsepower 800
Tantrik ZX3,Feb 17 2006, 10:48 AM Wrote:So this weekend if the first big race for the ford fusion in nascar. How does everyone think it will do at Daytona?

[Image: car.jpg]
[right][snapback]171034[/snapback][/right]

I don't know if the Daytona 500 can be considered a fair first test of the Fusion. Don't forget that Daytona uses restrictor plates on the motors which slows the cars right down in an attempt to keep the drivers safe from taking off into teh atmosphere :P

I think a better test will be a non restrictor plate race.

NefCanuck
daytona is a good test for it .. the track is all about aerodynamics .. restrictor plates just start everyone off on a level playing field

now its up to the teams to bend the rules as much as possible to get the extra advantage
It's just another shell-on-frame NASCAR advertising billboard??? :huh:
euro_zx5,Feb 17 2006, 12:01 PM Wrote:Did they actually change the motor from the old Taurus, for this car?
[right][snapback]171040[/snapback][/right]

Man they still use 1970s technoligy not mention I think the car is carburated.
Nascar would be good if it was real road based cars, the term "stock cars" is a joke. Nascar should set-up a rule that all race cars should be base on the road car. If the car is FWD well you better build a RWD fusion to compete in nascar if not well good bye. This will bring performance to the masses, remember the say "Win on sunday, sell on monday". Who in their right mind looks at a Monte carlo and thinks it's the same platform as the race car, I see them with their nascar replica sticker cars and I :lol: Back in the day, they had an idea of what would bring people to the dealership. Performance, guys (and some girls) like performance, that's why I want a AWD focus RS and not a ST sedan.