FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Flying Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys..check this link to a pic out..not 2 sure if it's NSFW..but someone back me up on it

http://www.dumpalink.com/pictures/1139306897/Lift_Off
Rally of Finland...

they have an award at that jump for the car that jumps the furthest, hence the number markings.
how does something not break when those cars land is a true testiment of how well they're put together.
very well said nass lol
nass,Feb 16 2006, 08:21 PM Wrote:how does something not break when those cars land is a true testiment of how well they're put together.
[right][snapback]170947[/snapback][/right]

it's the difference of landing on the jump's transition or landing flat. I don't think the car is being asked to take the drop flat.
darkpuppet,Feb 17 2006, 01:59 PM Wrote:[it's the difference of landing on the jump's transition or landing flat.  I don't think the car is being asked to take the drop flat.
[right][snapback]171076[/snapback][/right]
Oddly enough, apparently the proper technique is to have each wheel touch down individually - ie: no two wheels (or 4) at the same time.
We need rally racing like there's in Canada.
Could you imagine flying in a car, 8 feet in the air? Would it be exhilerating, or frightening?
ZTWsquared,Feb 17 2006, 03:51 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Feb 17 2006, 01:59 PM Wrote:[it's the difference of landing on the jump's transition or landing flat.  I don't think the car is being asked to take the drop flat.
[right][snapback]171076[/snapback][/right]
Oddly enough, apparently the proper technique is to have each wheel touch down individually - ie: no two wheels (or 4) at the same time.
[right][snapback]171094[/snapback][/right]

Which actually makes sense, if a set (or all four wheels) makes contact at exactly the same time, I can imagine some seriously bad things happening to teh car's driveline from the sudden shock of the simultaneous contact, esp. if theres any difference the rotating speed of the individual tires.

NefCanuck
I launched the Focus at 1 week in, Colin McRae-style over a frost heave I didn't read correctly... at 60KM/H. The Focus took it beautifully, and must have had at least 2 feet of clean air under the car.

Few actually knew about that episode until now, but just ask my wife... she thought it was fun! :o