FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Added An Audiophile Sub To My Hatch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With thanks going to Scorcher000 for the Sub/Enclosure w/Amp, 06GTPony for the wiring schematics, and my wife for bearing with me for the 6 hours while I figured everything out. I now have the Box and Stock Amp wired up to my Pioneer DEH-P7900BT.

After going throught the Audio controls this morning all I can say is Wow. For those coming out to the meet tomorrow night I will have to show you what I have done. I am quite impressed with myself. :D
Cool! Did you use the Focus (Fusion) sub enclosure?
Did you take any pics? I was wondering if the audiophile system that is an option for the focus will work on cars that aren't equipped with it from the factory?
I used the Audiophile box from a 2005 Focus. It came from John's ZX5. After getting the wiring diagram from Ford I was able to figure out which of the wires did what and where I should connect them. I needed to run a constant power with a 30A fuse from the battery, a trigger wire from the deck, and finally the Audio wires to the Amp. I grounded to the chassis inside the hatch.
Focus man, Focus.,Aug 2 2009, 07:08 PM Wrote:I used the Audiophile box from a 2005 Focus.  It came from John's ZX5.  After getting the wiring diagram from Ford I was able to figure out which of the wires did what and where I should connect them.  I needed to run a constant power with a 30A fuse from the battery, a trigger wire from the deck, and finally the Audio wires to the Amp.  I grounded to the chassis inside the hatch.
[right][snapback]292046[/snapback][/right]

Good job, the sub/amp from my 07 was just plug and play, did you take any pics of the instal?
Haha, no. I will have to get back in there to clean up the wiring a bit. I will take shots while I am in there.
Nice! I'm currently looking for a monoblock to get my subs kicking again... it makes a huge difference in any stereo having subs.
I am not used to having bass at all. I find when I am listening to some tunes with some deep bass everything is great, but when I listen to the radio or have the volume down its too much. I have to keep adjusting the levels to keep it bearable. Maybe its just me. :huh:
You'll find a happy spot on the dial where you can listen to mostly anything... making small adjustments at the odd time.
euro_zx5,Aug 4 2009, 04:18 PM Wrote:You'll find a happy spot on the dial where you can listen to mostly anything... making small adjustments at the odd time.
[right][snapback]292077[/snapback][/right]

in my SVT the happy spot on the diail is alllllll the way at the top....lmao
That's awesome man, I'd do the same thing if I get another Focus (which me might do for a 2nd DD if we live too far out in the 'Burbs). I love having an OEM 8" sub in it's own enclosure in my Escape. I've had people ask me what I did to my system, and they are amazed that I tell them it's stock. I think I'm just going to change the driver to an aftermarket 8", and change the OEM amp to a class D monoblock.

Show some pics of your install if you can!
Hindsight being 20/20, I should have taken pic's. But I didn't. I needed to run wiring from my new Pioneer DEH-P7900BT back to the Amp and Sub, plus a power from switched and un-switched source. Luckily I got the wiring schematic from 06GTPony who works at Sherway Ford. That really helped when figuring out which wire was which on the Amp input side. I still have the diagram if anybody needs it.

Next on my to do list is to install the Blue Tooth Mic to the deck and sinc my phone.