FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: How-tos Are Back Online
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've double-checked and triple-checked... the new namespace works and the zipped PDFs have been relinked.

PLEASE, let me know immediately if the links don't work for you. If they don't, there's a very good chance that the DNS records haven't fully replicated yet, but it could be my end as well.
New domain name has been set-up... how-tos service ought to be restored shortly.
Link? :mellow:
I have never looked at them before, but they do not work for me.

Is it just me?

Yes, I did go and look at them, or atleast tried to.

And I'm not drunk
meford4u,Feb 18 2006, 02:15 AM Wrote:I have never looked at them before, but they do not work for me.

Is it just me?

And I'm not drunk
[right][snapback]171212[/snapback][/right]

You do work for Ford....you sure you can read?

microbunny,Feb 18 2006, 08:49 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Feb 18 2006, 02:15 AM Wrote:I have never looked at them before, but they do not work for me.

Is it just me?

And I'm not drunk
[right][snapback]171212[/snapback][/right]

You do work for Ford....you sure you can read?
[right][snapback]171220[/snapback][/right]

<_< Easy there bucko.
Guys, seriously... do they work?
I still don't know how to get to them. :angry: I haven't been here long enough. :mellow:
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 18 2006, 09:11 PM Wrote:Guys, seriously... do they work?
[right][snapback]171286[/snapback][/right]
no just times out on the connection.
the how-to's would be located under the section labelled how-to's

or here

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.php...ilter=all&st=15

And they still time out.
Domain name resolves, but doesn't ping.
Doesn't work!!!!!!!!!
It's designed to not respond to pings... a little credit here guys ;)

As for working at odd hours... it seems my cable modem doesn't like buddies using BitTorrent clients and downloading all to hell while 4 of us play EVE Online at the same time. Instamodemdeath.

I'll test it tomorrow from work. By rights, they SHOULD work.
I get the prompt to open or save the files.

I have been trying to just open them, but that doesn't work.

I just downloaded one of the files and it worked fine. ;)
has there been any new files added lately?

I might start hosting them directly on the FC server... space permitting.
If someone can point me to a recent list of additions, I can update the archives this week as I have time.

Steve, I don't mind hosting them whatsoever so long as you guys don't mind a 45-50KB/sec download cap due to my VoIP bandwidth reservations.

EDIT - I can hit them all from work, and if it won't work anywhere (besides Gestapo-class permissions), it won't work from here.

I'll try to get them updated this week.
K.. I lied :P

About an hour's downtime while I wire up the new Cat 5 run and move the diskless farm and webserver to their new room.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAND we're back. I've never seen so much redneck coax for satellite splitting in my life. I presume that's what it's for, because it all ran to the same place in the drop ceiling, and you can see where they mounted the splitter. I'm now able to remove the rest of the ghetto coax ends around the house.

all dead links...needs updating please