FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Intersting Thought?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I always wondered why hatchbacks and minivans have rear wipers but sedans, trucks and full size vans don't.

I can see vans and trucks not having them cause the window is pretty vertical but so is a mini van? I wish my car had a rear wiper sometimes

anyone?
keep these thoughts locked up
Yeh, I'm gonna have to say this thread should be locked down.... :angry:
Not unlike penis envy, you've got I don't want to be in the sedan faction anymore envy
nass,Feb 14 2006, 05:50 PM Wrote:I can see vans and trucks not having them cause the window is pretty vertical but so is a mini van?[right][snapback]170486[/snapback][/right]
4 reasons:

Safety, price, convenience, airflow.
Safety and convenience matter to soccer moms who don't want to get out to clear snow.

Price matters to car manufacturers because of the added cost vs what people will pay. Poor return on investment.

Airflow, big flat vertical surfaces on the rear of vehicles tend to get less airflow across it to blow away slush and crap, it needs the help.

Personally, I RainX all my windows, I never have a problem seeing. Of course, I'm also not too lazy to do the initial snowclearing first.