FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I'm Excessive (have Written Proof)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Got nailed for 129 in a 90 and had a ticket written for 110 in 90, ends up being $95 and whatever points. Toronto cop. He said my speed was "excessive". :lol:

First ticket since May or June 2003 and brings an end to my longest streak ever without a ticket (almost 3 years). Considering the amount and distance I drive I think that's pretty good.

Got caught passing a minivan who wouldn't move out of the fast lane on the Gardiner, thank god I was in the Focus, had six desktop computers in the trunk and a full tank of gas to weigh me down. It could have been worse, especially if I were in the WRX and floored it in 3rd (aka "dropped the hammer" [Steve]), I'd probably be sitting in a police station instead of on teh interweb.

I'm guilty as hell, will pay the money no contest but pissed off about the minivan being where it shouldn't.

I guess I better take it easy driving up to Owen Sound tomorrow?

Also in a separate incident the OPP was on the on ramp at Hurontario & 403 today I assume looking for seatbelt infractions, they must have one of their "blitzes" on this week.
1 a year for me is good.

I got nailed doing 125 in 100 zone last week driving my parents to the airport. 4am, only person on the road. <_<

125....1st....I saw him....I didnt even slow down thinking....2, its 4am, 3, its the f***in queensway.

I was driving my fathers wagon. He let me off with a warning..."Youve got 3 speeding ticket already, another 1 won't help" I'm thinking to myself: Out of 11 years of having a license, and only 3 speeding tickets....thats pretty darn good.

Dont think it would have been the same outcome if it was my focus I was driving. :o :angry:
ive ben driving for 3 years and havent gotten at ticket yet.(knock on wood) i am an excessive speeder, i drive about 80kms a day and easily do 20-30 over on 4 lan non divided highway. ive ahd way too many close calls thought and have been slowing down lately.
Yeah sounds like there's a blitz today or this week for that matter. I saw the same cop pull over three cars at different times within a few hours of me coming in and our my my street... people don't usually stop at the stop signs around my area, and they speed in a long school zone, i've got three schools around me within ten minutes walking distance, so the cops are just hungry to give tickets to these goons.

And 2001 ZTS... if you were driving the wrx, I highly doubt it'd be any different to your ticket or even make you eligible for a visit to the police station.
euro_zx5,Feb 14 2006, 04:13 PM Wrote:And 2001 ZTS... if you were driving the wrx, I highly doubt it'd be any different to your ticket or even make you eligible for a visit to the police station.
[right][snapback]170429[/snapback][/right]

I think what hes trying to say is, if he did the same manouver in the WRX that he did in the focus (downshifting and flooring it) he would have reached much higher speeds than the focus would have reached in that short period of time, resulting in a bigger fine.

I know that I dont realise how fast Im going when I merge onto highways sometimes....look into rear view as I merge....cars getting further away...oops...going 140 already. :o
Gunning it in a automatic Focus and gunning it in a manual WRX is two entirely different outcomes. In the time It took to get up to 129 from 90 in the Focus.............I don't even want to think about how fast it could have been in the WRX. I'm pretty sure I'd be sitting in Central traffic on Starchan Avenue.

It wouldn't have been "excessive speed" it would have been "ludicrous speed".

ALL HAIL DARK HELMET!
2001 ZTS,Feb 14 2006, 04:27 PM Wrote:It wouldn't have been "excessive speed" it would have been "ludicrous speed".
[right][snapback]170438[/snapback][/right]

Correction. Straight to Rediculous speed!
It's been almost 20 years since my last ticket! I was headed to the Detroit F1 Grand prix in 1987 (I think Ayrton Senna won it in a yellow Lotus, that's how long it has been) and the police going in the other direction pick up my red flash (MR2) on radar at 141 km/h. He dropped it to 130 on the ticket.

I guess I have been lucky all of this time since.
2001 ZTS,Feb 14 2006, 03:27 PM Wrote:Gunning it in a automatic Focus and gunning it in a manual WRX is two entirely different outcomes. In the time It took to get up to 129 from 90 in the Focus.............I don't even want to think about how fast it could have been in the WRX. I'm pretty sure I'd be sitting in Central traffic on Starchan Avenue.

It wouldn't have been "excessive speed" it would have been "ludicrous speed".

ALL HAIL DARK HELMET!
[right][snapback]170438[/snapback][/right]

Another auto focus?! I thought I was one of few running an auto...

Well no wonder you like your wrx more... but still, it is a diff class of car.

Any form of forced induction can be dangerous... :lol: Speed and ticket wise...
Driving from TO to SK...got nailed going 159 in a 90. Cop dropped it down to 139 so he didnt have to impound my car.

Of course i was folowing atruck that was going just as fast. He had the choice over the f150, or the yellow focus full of youngn's.
Its been 3yrs and a bit since my last ticket. Come on insurance drop.
habmann,Feb 14 2006, 05:27 PM Wrote:Its been 3yrs and a bit since my last ticket. Come on insurance drop.
[right][snapback]170475[/snapback][/right]

I can be corrected but think it takes effect after two years in which case you already have your rate drop? Congrats :lol:
I blew by a cop this weekend doing 150 on the 403... bailed at the next exit

Thank god i was in my beige rental minivan.
I got nailed doing 40 over with no licence.......yeah Im going to court.
Quote: had six desktop computers in the trunk

Why did you have six desktop computers in your car?
habmann,Feb 14 2006, 05:27 PM Wrote:Its been 3yrs and a bit since my last ticket. Come on insurance drop.
[right][snapback]170475[/snapback][/right]

I thought it was 3 yrs for insurance, cuz last time i renewed i asked about it and i still had one on my record.
I got 84 in a 50 coming off the mountian said that someone wasa stuck in elevator got off
2001 ZTS,Feb 14 2006, 01:44 PM Wrote:It could have been worse, especially if I were in the WRX and floored it in 3rd (aka "dropped the hammer" [Steve]), I'd probably be sitting in a police station instead of on teh interweb.[right][snapback]170418[/snapback][/right]

I'm not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure that they won't arrest you and jail you unless your speed is double or more then that of the posted speed limit.

And I won't get into my tickets. Let's just leave it at "Good lawyer".

Ouch, I feel for you, co-worker got nailed today 29 over at Pearson (She got lost trying to get clients to an immigration hearing and got busted)

Knock on wood but in 13 years driving never managed to get caught speeding (or any other infraction for that matter, got a warning a few years ago in TO after missing the streetcar doors opening :ph34r: )

NefCanuck
jcarle,Feb 14 2006, 08:46 PM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Feb 14 2006, 01:44 PM Wrote:It could have been worse, especially if I were in the WRX and floored it in 3rd (aka "dropped the hammer" [Steve]), I'd probably be sitting in a police station instead of on teh interweb.[right][snapback]170418[/snapback][/right]

I'm not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure that they won't arrest you and jail you unless your speed is double or more then that of the posted speed limit.

And I won't get into my tickets. Let's just leave it at "Good lawyer".
[right][snapback]170523[/snapback][/right]

I know what washes and what doesn't, when to name drop and when not to, I was "lucky" as things stand. I've bigger favours to call in than $95.
Pages: 1 2