FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Company Car
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yet to get the details but I get to pick the make/model and believe taxes in it must be <$35,000.

Fire away with any suggestions?

The plan would be to keep the WRX and ditch the Focus and NO the value of the Focus can't be put against the company car to increase the limit.

ONLY for those of you who actually know my Focus what should I list it for? Its about ~110,000km and I'd put the stock wheels on and sell the 17" OZ Superlegerras separately. What would you suggest for the OZ wheels with new Falken rubber?
guessing it has to be brand new?

WRX265 :D
Yes has to be new.

More than happy with the current WRX and I get in enough tickets as is. Since I'd be keeping it I would be thinking of something OTHER than a hatchback and the company pays gas. Other people in my salary range have Jetta, Escape, Mitsu Spyder as company cars if that helps.
Why not try a Fusion on for size? ;)

No seriously, a 3.0 SEL V6 can certainly be had for less than $35K all in (I'm not sure but I think an AWD Sport with the 3.5L will be a close shave but possibly doable right now with the deals being offered)

NefCanuck
turbo forester :D :D

mazda speed 3 263hp

hyundai genesis 2.0 210hp

hyundai genesis 3.8 306hp

You can get a Lincoln MKZ for $30k right now.
2009 Stang GT
Chrysler 300
Mitsu Eclipse
Mazda CX7 Turbo
Nissan Maxima
Mitsubishi Lancer
No Fords except maybe Mustang GT, the rest are just ugly as far as I am concerned; I just cant get passed the 3 bar grill and don't need four doors.

I was actually checking out the Altima Coupe with V6 online and am liking it. Short list for sure.
Altima Coupes with V6 and 6 speeds are nice.
Chevy Cobalt SS Turbocharged
I'll say this about the Altima coupe, if you don't mind having a tiny rear window, with a massive blind spot then yeah its alright I guess. I don't know what it is about Nissan's newer products but I can say they have really started making the rear windows very small.

the GTI Golf, base model is under $30k, good car and if your company is leasing it, as if there are any problems with it it will be gone when the lease is up.
I was toying with the idea of a GTI actually, though a sedan I was also thinking diesel Jetta/Passat since I road trip so much. (I believe I am on the hook for my own gas when vacationing)
meford4u,Jul 31 2009, 03:46 PM Wrote:You can get a Lincoln MKZ for $30k right now.
[right][snapback]292009[/snapback][/right]
Yeah I was thinking MKZ too. (Posted before I read your aversion to 4-doors)
I'll look at the Lincoln; sounds "pimp" afterall :lol:

Plus it gets me passed the Ford grill issue!
With regards to the Lincoln I just can't do it; SO square and the way I might like it is way over the threshold.

To make you all feel better I like the V-6 Mustang over the Altima now: V-6 with "Pony package", glass roof and HID's in blue. Plus I read a review of the Altima that said the weight was 70%F/30%R or something ridiculous like that so I'd probably wreck it the first on ramp I took.

It'd be nice to drive a RWD car again too, I miss my 1977 Plymouth Fury (klassic!). It's already the case with the Focus so I am used to my "winter beater" (WRX) kicking the summer car's ass anyway plus I'll always agree with darkpuppet about the V6.
I like the FJ cruiser, they drive very nice and they are great off-road.
They have a love it or hate body style though.
chrystler 300 c

ford exscape?

a lexis sedan or a acura cl or something from acura in that price range? or how about a ford edge?

2001 ZTS,Jul 31 2009, 03:23 PM Wrote:Yet to get the details but I get to pick the make/model and believe taxes in it must be <$35,000.

Fire away with any suggestions?

The plan would be to keep the WRX and ditch the Focus and NO the value of the Focus can't be put against the company car to increase the limit.

ONLY for those of you who actually know my Focus what should I list it for? Its about ~110,000km and I'd put the stock wheels on and sell the 17" OZ Superlegerras separately. What would you suggest for the OZ wheels with new Falken rubber?
[right][snapback]292003[/snapback][/right]

Do you pay for your own fuel, or does the company take care of that too? *EDIT: n/m - I see you don't except perhaps on vacation ...

What about a BMW 128i coupe?

Also: is your car auto or standard? I'm in the market for a 5-speed.
get 2010 Golf GTI(TDI), you get the new 2.0L or the Smaller VW SUV that is going to be TDI.

or as others have said, just get 09's (any car, not just VW) but since they are getting rid of most you can get some great prices on those.
you can have a lot of fun with the mustangs... not sure about the '10 styling, but the chicks seem to dig my car -- and that's with an ugly dude in the driver's seat. -- granted they're not exactly great performers when it comes to onramps, but sticky tires keep things predictable.

Other than that, the Altima is a nice looking car too, but I think you could do well with a hyundai genesis or maybe even a lancer.