FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Modded Monitor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was skeptical, but this little mod turned out rather good...

check it out.

from this

[Image: 22309_75.jpg]

to this..

[Image: 31.jpg]
Now THAT is sweet. And, it would be a perfect match for my case.
Now THAT is Ghey.
Hmmm now that I know these monitors can be disassembled with relative ease, maybe the project i had about mounting the lcd right to the computer case may happen.

Hmmm back to the drawing board. :D
ANTHONYD,Feb 13 2006, 09:52 AM Wrote:Now THAT is Ghey.
[right][snapback]170063[/snapback][/right]

iMacs monitors are iGhey.
ANTHONYD,Feb 13 2006, 08:52 AM Wrote:Now THAT is Ghey.
[right][snapback]170063[/snapback][/right]

Says the guy that uses a Mac. :fag: :throwup:

*puts on flame-proof suit*
Very Mac-like... that's true nos!

I like the look, but the red leds do it no justice. I'd make them white, orange... or blue.
I saw lexan like that the other day in a store display. If memory serves, and I spent like 10 minutes examining the enclosure... there WASN'T ANY LEDs. It's the way the acrylic is made, I believe.

Of course, this is different and LEDs come into play.
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 13 2006, 09:21 AM Wrote:I saw lexan like that the other day in a store display. If memory serves, and I spent like 10 minutes examining the enclosure... there WASN'T ANY LEDs. It's the way the acrylic is made, I believe.

Of course, this is different and LEDs come into play.
[right][snapback]170070[/snapback][/right]

yeah, they make plastics that have a flourescent die that transmits light to the edges of the plastic in 2 dimensions... pretty neat stuff, but not very cheap.
Whether people like it or not (not much my style personally), doesn't matter as long as you enjoy it. However, I have to give you credit for the execution of your project. It's clean. Well done.
sorry, check the link, it's not my mod... I don't have time for that kind of stuff...
"I was skeptical, but this little mod turned out rather good..."

That's what made me think you did it. :mellow:
Pretty cool, wish I had time to mess with stuff like that :P Allot of guys spend big bucks to go and buy a monitor that looks cool, at least this guy saw something constructive to do with his time......

Everybody needs a hobby :P
hardk0re,Feb 13 2006, 11:36 AM Wrote:Everybody needs a hobby :P
[right][snapback]170084[/snapback][/right]

He's probably saying the same with us and our fiberglassin' :lol:
gotta respect anyone that takes something and makes it better or more to suit their needs. That guy did an awesome job with that mod even if you don't like the end result you HAVE to say to yourself that it's still a nice clean end product.

2 thumbs up from me :)
Looks pretty sweet. If i had an lcd i'd do that for sure.
Oscar The Grouch,Feb 13 2006, 09:53 AM Wrote:Hmmm now that I know these monitors can be disassembled with relative ease, maybe the project i had about mounting the lcd right to the computer case may happen.

Hmmm back to the drawing board. :D
[right][snapback]170064[/snapback][/right]

course its very easy to do! Lots of people disassemble the frame and mount them in the craziest places. Even our very own SVT Dean showed me the one he took appart that is now located in his passenger dash.