FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Valentine's Day!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So what's your thought on Valentine's Day? Are you the happy couple, or the bitter, single guy who hates having it rubbed in your face?

Post your most romantic valentine's day here...

my thoughts...

my worst valentine's day was the one where the $150 in flowers weren't delivered on time, when the $300 tickets for the show didn't get mailed out in time, I had to work late and couldn't pick any thing else up on the way over, and the $100 in chinese delivery food was late, cold and disgusting, AND the $50 bottle of wine was sour...... me thinking that I had set up the most romantic evening for my girl to walk in the door and see her there scowling at me.

Unlike the previous year where she was on top and it was money well spent, this particular year would leave me high and dry and her not talking to me for a couple of days straight.

It was in fact worse than the time I once jovially quipped back to her teasing, "quit raggin' on me!"... but not as poorly as when I paid for 2 weeks in mexico and got more blow-off than a blowjob..

Of course it would be only weeks later that she would cheat on me and things would end badly...but I digress.

I currently LOVE valentine's day. It's the one day out of the year that I can go out with my married friends for a pint (after their dinner), wear my shirt that says, "You'll do", sit at the bar and chat up the cute waitresses.... and they think it's cute.

As a single guy, you can get away with all the pitiful things, and you come out more edgy than lame... it's a win-win situation!.. almost better than hallowe'en. It's like the high point in the yearlong fishing season.
darkpuppet,Feb 12 2006, 09:25 PM Wrote:So what's your thought on Valentine's Day?  Are you the happy couple, or the bitter, single guy who hates having it rubbed in your face?

Post your most romantic valentine's day here...

my thoughts...

my worst valentine's day was the one where the $150 in flowers weren't delivered on time, when the $300 tickets for the show didn't get mailed out in time, I had to work late and couldn't pick any thing else up on the way over, and the $100 in chinese delivery food was late, cold and disgusting, AND the $50 bottle of wine was sour...... me thinking that I had set up the most romantic evening for my girl to walk in the door and see her there scowling at me.

[right][snapback]169978[/snapback][/right]

wow that's gotta suck spending all the money time and effort and nothing came of it :(

I personally haven't really done anything big for Vday mainly cause I'm not that romantic and much like your story things would fall apart. This year we're just going to cook ourselves a nice dinner light some candles and progress from there.

I've never really gotten into te spirit of V-day.

My wife absolutely refuses the fact flowers are over $100/dozen. So I guess I am off the hook.

Besides I am almost always sick for it. This year is no exception.
meford4u,Feb 12 2006, 11:50 PM Wrote:I've never really gotten into te spirit of V-day.

My wife absolutely refuses the fact flowers are over $100/dozen.  So I guess I am off the hook.

Besides I am almost always sick for it.  This year is no exception.
[right][snapback]169991[/snapback][/right]

driving today I say a road side sign for a flower shop. it said " 3 Rose $132 "

3 dozen? 13 roses or just 3 roses. either way you have to almost be retarded to pay such an inflated price for something that's going to die in 2 weeks.
Valentine's Day has not be celebrated in my family since 1993. It seems something bad or misfortunate happens every 3 years since then.

in 1994 a very dear family friend was killed by a drunk driver that night, the driver hit a police car one week earlier and was releaced.

in 1997 my aunt in Windsor ON was murdered on the same night by apperently bikers, but the case is still not solved.

in 2000 another Aunt was misdiagnosed by doctors in a buffalo hospital a week pryor to her death, she died in the Emergancy Room waiting area, waiting to see a doctor.

in 2003 my grandmother suffered the major stroke that day that later contribute to her death 2 months later.

in 2004 same day my grandfather suffered a stroke, and it confined him to a hospital bed till his passing.

I'm kinda wating for the bad news this valentines day as it's an offical 3rd year this year.
I get off light as Sara just had her wisdom teeth removed. Valentine's will consist of soft pasta and possibly a pudding / mousse dessert. :D
I talk sweet to the old lady downstair in the building and she sells me a dozen roses for 10$... gotta love the french accent.
It's expensive... and another "false" holiday in my opinion. But... it CAN be a great day... with it's intended purpose in mind, as long as it all goes flawlessly.
Call me a sap, but I think if you are in a loving relationship everyday is Valentines day. I don't need over priced roses and Special menus at resturants to show my girlfriend that I love her and she knows it. All I can say is random acts of kindness and flowers for no reason works for me year round. :wub:
I try to do something small for my sweetheart on Valentine's day, but it's not a very important day to us. The reason being that EVERYONE celebrates it at the same time. I spend more time, money, effort and energy trying to make my wife's birthdays special instead. And when I want to be romantic, I pick a random day that has no significance and find a way to do something attentive to show her I love her. :)
Well, Michelle and myself have never celebrated a Valentine's Day together yet.. We usually do it the weekend before/after. Well was up there this past weekend, and she got really sick.. so basically, no valentine's day anything (yeah, none of that either), and it was an all around bad weekend. I'm taking her to dinner & a movie next time I'm up there. I was going to take her out for the weekend somewhere to get away from everything, but we decided to not do anything big since we just dropped ~$700US on wedding bands. She also said since we bought those, not to send her flowers, since they're ridiculously expensive. Yeah, right. I may be dumb, but i'm not stupid. If I listened to her, I'd be in deep doodoo. So, she has a dozen overpriced roses being delivered tomorrow. (Then she becomes the center of the universe for a while, since she is the only one who ever gets flowers sent to her at work, and all is right in the world).

And I do send them to her just out of the blue (and when they're cheaper!). On any random day, or when she is having a rough week at work. That brightens her day up, and I score bigtime points.

---------------
My worst one.. being DUMPED on Valentine's Day about 7 years ago. FOR A LESBIAN. Talk about insult to injury. And before anyone asks, NO I was NOT invited for a 3 way.
meford4u,Feb 12 2006, 07:50 PM Wrote:I've never really gotten into te spirit of V-day.

My wife absolutely refuses the fact flowers are over $100/dozen.  So I guess I am off the hook.

Buy her a cat. :ph34r:
Best thing i ever did was take my last girl friend to Niagra falls for a dinner in the skylon tower, and a horse & carrage ride by the falls after wards.

Got loaded off some wine i spent a fortune on, ended off with some mind-blowing sex. She was a champ.

But this year i am not celebrating Feb 14 as valentines day...

but independance day.

someone will have a smart ass comment for this...i know it. It's FC.
ANTHONYD,Feb 13 2006, 08:30 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Feb 12 2006, 07:50 PM Wrote:I've never really gotten into te spirit of V-day.

Buy her a cat. :ph34r:
[right][snapback]170053[/snapback][/right]

flack off :D
Take the advice of an old pro:

Get your woman a pair of slippers and a dildo. If she doesn't like the slippers she can go f*** herself.
2001 ZTS,Feb 13 2006, 07:54 PM Wrote:Take the advice of an old pro:

Get your woman a pair of slippers and a dildo. If she doesn't like the slippers she can go f*** herself.
[right][snapback]170281[/snapback][/right]
Hahha. That's great s***
2001 ZTS,Feb 13 2006, 08:54 PM Wrote:Take the advice of an old pro:

I see it worked out really well for you.

Wait

Your single now

Damn
2001 ZTS,Feb 13 2006, 07:54 PM Wrote:Take the advice of an old pro:

Someone got the long end of the lawyer dildo. Go get another ticket, it'll ease the pain with another type of pain.
HAPPY INDEPENDANCE DAY!!!
When you've been with the same person as long as me and arent married, and have a kid...and keep breaking up and seeing another person, valentines is just another day......

.. :lol: